• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

proclimb 1100 turbo Hijacker 2.0

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
customer/ buddy of mine purchased the boondocker 2.0 hijacker
sled works 100% as it should stock(minus reverse)
he put the box on and left it at stock power and sled still ran mint.

then he tried to dial the boost up to 20psi.

when the box was set at 20psi the bottom end felt super lazy and the top end seemed to pull no harder than stock, maybe even slower when raced against a turbo nytro.

so we called BD and they said that he was the first to call but there was a box update available so we removed box and sent away to be updated.

while the box was away we went to Golden B.C. and talked to 2 guys one who was clueless and had the hijacker on his and his buddy was stock, the guy with the stocker said he figured the hijacker seemed to be not giving the full power of even the stock sled. but this was still the original "flash" in the hijacker

now we got out hijacker back and installed,
the sled runs mint at stock boost levels 13psi turn up to 14 and it runs good for a bit but hold it for a long time then it starts revving erratically, jumps from 5-8000rpm down to 5 up to 8... so on and so forth. turn it up to anything over 14 and you get about .5 second of hard pull then it revs erratically again, jumping rpm.

so we called boondocker again, and again they say we are the first to call. they figure there is either a problem with the box or the sled, but the sled runs fine stock which leads us to believe there is no issue with the sled and it is either in the box programming or wiring,

wondering if anyone else has had this problem and been able to tune it out or found a soloution?

to me the surging rpm feels like when a diesel truck looses fuel pressure.

my other opinion is that boondocker may have over looked some sensor that limits the engine torque/ hp and kills it when those levels are exceeded, however I do not believe boondocker would release a product with out fully testing it.

boondocker is asking for us to send the box back again for them to test it out.

again has anyone else had, and solved this issue?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
customer/ buddy of mine purchased the boondocker 2.0 hijacker
sled works 100% as it should stock(minus reverse)
he put the box on and left it at stock power and sled still ran mint.

then he tried to dial the boost up to 20psi.

when the box was set at 20psi the bottom end felt super lazy and the top end seemed to pull no harder than stock, maybe even slower when raced against a turbo nytro.

so we called BD and they said that he was the first to call but there was a box update available so we removed box and sent away to be updated.

while the box was away we went to Golden B.C. and talked to 2 guys one who was clueless and had the hijacker on his and his buddy was stock, the guy with the stocker said he figured the hijacker seemed to be not giving the full power of even the stock sled. but this was still the original "flash" in the hijacker

now we got out hijacker back and installed,
the sled runs mint at stock boost levels 13psi turn up to 14 and it runs good for a bit but hold it for a long time then it starts revving erratically, jumps from 5-8000rpm down to 5 up to 8... so on and so forth. turn it up to anything over 14 and you get about .5 second of hard pull then it revs erratically again, jumping rpm.

so we called boondocker again, and again they say we are the first to call. they figure there is either a problem with the box or the sled, but the sled runs fine stock which leads us to believe there is no issue with the sled and it is either in the box programming or wiring,

wondering if anyone else has had this problem and been able to tune it out or found a soloution?

to me the surging rpm feels like when a diesel truck looses fuel pressure.

my other opinion is that boondocker may have over looked some sensor that limits the engine torque/ hp and kills it when those levels are exceeded, however I do not believe boondocker would release a product with out fully testing it.

boondocker is asking for us to send the box back again for them to test it out.

again has anyone else had, and solved this issue?

I believe there are a number of flatland guys running the box on trail sleds and are having good results. I would guess that BD has tested the boxes on there sled.

Is there a chance your ground was not good?

U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
We're running 2 of them, and they work great. The only problem we have is over revving. Still working on clutching. My first question is what do you have it set at to be stock power? What elevation are you riding.

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
I have the same box running up to 18 psi at 6500 ft and it runs perfect except for hitting the rev limiter.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
we were told stock boost was 13psi.

running at 3000ft. currently

the first issues we were having with the original "flash" were at 6500ft

what rpm is the rev limiter?

Last edited:
U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
At 3000 feet you should be running about 14 psi stock. At 6500 feet stock would be around 16 pounds. Maybe some one else knows the exact numbers. I first tried mine at 15 psi at 6000 feet, and it was sluggish. At 18 psi it comes alive, and at 20 pulls hard. I was thinking you need to crank it up, but I see you tried 20. Hopefully some one has answers for you

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Sounds like a ground try another attachment point did you zip tie the tubes? No issues here except clutching when someone figures it out let us know

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
everything is still attached properly, he says he ziptied the hoses, the ground is on raw aluminium

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Boggy Boggerson

We have seen the same thing with a boggy bottom end with the box. Various grounding points on different customer sleds. Haven't sent any back for the re-flash yet although no one actually phoned us saying they had one when we phoned them 2 weeks ago. There has been some posts of guys jumping the button wires so it's constantly on and the lag was gone for the most part. I have yet to try this on mine.

I don't know anyone that we have sold one to that has put some guages on so they can see what is happening and begin to actually tune the box. It is not like the 1.9 where it is plug and play. When we all bought BD boxes for old M8, M1000, and various other models we had to tune them all. If you want plug and play the 1.9 is where it's at. The 2.0 will be a superior choice when the tuning is figured out. New product on new sled is going to have it's growing pains. It's just strange that some guys have no issues and hitting the rev limiter and others with the same software would all have the same boggy issues.

I got my guages in the day before we left on our last trip so I haven't ridden with them yet. Have to remember that the boxes have realistically only been out for a little over a month.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Aluminium isn't the greatest conductor I would re-attach the ground to the steel part of the chassis.. I would post your issue to d & d in the four stroke section over on the hcs site he has been a tremendous help to others.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
I have had good luck with mine ride from 7000-10000ft set box at 18-23lbs on button was on the rev limiter at lower elev but installed cutler tm weights set at 87gram no more over rev pulls really hard bottom to top at 7900-8000 rpm will run and hide from stock sled any snow condition if that helps. Also im running gauges and it is still really rich at wot but good on bottom and mid. I have started to play with full settings pulled wot postion to -2 across the board still rich but noticable power increase.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
we will try a new ground point, is there any chance its blowing the FPR open?

at what rpm is the rev limiter. we havent logged over 7900 rpm

type_a_positive

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Mongo Norway
Yep, stock rev limiter is 8300. D&D will flash your ecu with a "booster" flash which raises the limiter to 8600 and drops the timing at higher boost levels, allowing more boost on pump gas without knocking.

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
I have had good luck with mine ride from 7000-10000ft set box at 18-23lbs on button was on the rev limiter at lower elev but installed cutler tm weights set at 87gram no more over rev pulls really hard bottom to top at 7900-8000 rpm will run and hide from stock sled any snow condition if that helps. Also im running gauges and it is still really rich at wot but good on bottom and mid. I have started to play with full settings pulled wot postion to -2 across the board still rich but noticable power increase.

I also have the Cutler weights , thanks for giving me a starting point, what kind of AFR is it pulling ?

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
My AFR are as goes at idle it is 13 mid range it is 14 and wot it is 12 i have had to pull fuel from the wot postion to -2 to get that it was at 10 wot stock So there is tuning needed to get full power out of these boxes they are on the safe side. Also i have ran pump gas and race fuel no changes to AFR numbers.

N
Feb 8, 2013
I have had the exact same problem with my hijacker since I got it. I'm only running in 2000ft. Have the dalton adjustable weights right now running 91 grams and my boost set at 14.8 I have talked to BD and D+D no one seems to have any answers. When I first get on the trottle it will pop a couple times then surge when I get to 85 mph RPM will bounce from 7400-7900. I have no idea what to do anymore

Premium Features