• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Twisted Turbo Pump Gas Turbo

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Just want to report on the year so far. I have 6 rides and about 250 miles on my sled. This sled has exceeded my expectations. The power is awesome, the boondockabilitiness is second to none and the I have run nothing but 91 octane pump gas. I am running between 4.5-5 #'s of boost at 10,000 feet. There is plenty of fuel available with the stock injectors in order to run more boost, but really havent found it necessary. The manners of this sled are amazing, basically feels like a improved motor because the powerband is so smooth and linear.

My only compaints, which unfortunately are not turbo related, are the clutch heat and the vibration of the 1000. Wish the Pump Gas M8 run like this, would have one in a heartbeat!! The key to the clutching heat is lots of venting!!

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Good to hear you are getting up there on the miles. I think i might need to have one of those next year . My Twisted 8 is running perfect , i think i am creeping up on 300 miles .

The only problem i have is a can of Sunoco , that seems to be empty.:brokenheart:

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I rode this sled, the power is very smooth and wont pull your arms off….but its still fast, very fast. I still want to ride a twisted M8 as the M1000 vibration is a real turn as i used to the mild M8:cool:

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
good to hear CC. my Twisted pump gas M1000 is without a doubt, the funnest sled I have ridden. :D to bad I can't ride it right now :(

Twisted turbo

Just want to report on the year so far. I have 6 rides and about 250 miles on my sled. This sled has exceeded my expectations. The power is awesome, the boondockabilitiness is second to none and the I have run nothing but 91 octane pump gas. I am running between 4.5-5 #'s of boost at 10,000 feet. There is plenty of fuel available with the stock injectors in order to run more boost, but really havent found it necessary. The manners of this sled are amazing, basically feels like a improved motor because the powerband is so smooth and linear.

My only compaints, which unfortunately are not turbo related, are the clutch heat and the vibration of the 1000. Wish the Pump Gas M8 run like this, would have one in a heartbeat!! The key to the clutching heat is lots of venting!!

This is new to me, i am very curious as to the power at 5lbs boost and what clutching you are using with this setup, thanks for the updates!

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
This is new to me, i am very curious as to the power at 5lbs boost and what clutching you are using with this setup, thanks for the updates!

his M1000 at 5lbs will smoke my M8 at 12lbs......but he has a much larger compressor and the same size turbine stage, im putin a 2.5 camo and some really sweet shock covers on this weekend so things might change:cool:

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I rode this sled, the power is very smooth and wont pull your arms off….but its still fast, very fast. I still want to ride a twisted M8 as the M1000 vibration is a real turn as i used to the mild M8:cool:

I may let you take mine for a spin next time we are down south, you might wish you did not ride it though.

The Twisted Pump Gas M 1000 is the next thing on my wish list. Is there anyone else that sells a pump gas M1000?:beer;

Last edited:
C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Not sure on HP. I started out running stock weights with a helix supplied by Twisted Turbo, but was turning 7700 RPM at 10,000 feet. I changed 85 gram D&D weights and now it pulls like a Mack truck and thr R's are lower.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
just picked up the 1000, twisted turbo next on the list glad to hear shes running good,sweetes looking turbo setup ive seen yet....

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
I have been riding the pump gas TM1000 and it flat out rips. Just goes anywhere. It should be illegal to have that much fun on less than $20 a fill up.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
just picked up the 1000, twisted turbo next on the list glad to hear she's running good,sweetest looking turbo setup I've seen yet....

Bull your going to love it. I threw my leg around CC's sled for a couple runs and is was silky smooth!

No noticeable lag and plenty of power that just doesn't quit.

Let me know when your up and going.

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
Premium Features