• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which to buy... 012 SP or wait for a 013 SP?

S
I want to try the new AC chassis and have been keeping current on the mods needed to be happy with an 12 PC. The mods are for sure subjective in their applications, important and a must for some but not all. I have a history of not wanting to stop when choosing handling and performance mods for my shiny new to me sled. In the past couple of years have run last years sleds stock and tried to keep away from spending a ton of money that you never get back anyway. My question is how much has been corrected with 013 PC over the 012?

S
But the price of these changes when you add them up can easily be in the thousands of dollars, easily in the thousands, where is the limit? I am still blown away that you could have paid 14 to 15 grand for a new 012 PC (in Canada) and have to be grinding away on your spindles just to make it turn!!!!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
But the price of these changes when you add them up can easily be in the thousands of dollars, easily in the thousands, where is the limit? I am still blown away that you could have paid 14 to 15 grand for a new 012 PC (in Canada) and have to be grinding away on your spindles just to make it turn!!!!

I traded 12 for 13 and it wasn't thousands :yo:

Last edited:

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
To be honest, the only mods that would cost you any real money between the 12 and the 13 would be the track upgrade and narrow A arms. The rest is pretty much a labor thing. Drill spindle holes and grinding spindles for the steering upgrade. Drill holes to relocate skid to the lower position. The rest of the stuff should have been done with the updates save the new TCL. when you break the 12's you'll get it replaced with the new one. If you have a 13 Limited then you got the HCR exchanger, so if you are after that, make sure the 12 you buy is an HCR. Moral of the story is, if you can do some work yourself, you can save yourself 2k to 3k in $$$$ imo. I know of some 12's that sold for $8k in the U.S. as opposed to the cost of the new one, still had plenty of warranty too.

Last edited:

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Anchorage Craigslist had a few this fall, one was owned by a personal friend. I'm sure there will be more around here in Ak.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Had the 12. Just got done with 5 days on the 13. No comparison IMO. The 13 pulls harder, and the track is crazy. The narrower arms are night and day. Love it love it love it.

Off topic but oh well.... I'm Sad tho...my 13 is about even with a 13 pro. And riding along with two pros for 5 days has me thinking. Hard. Facts is tho...the better rider will make either sled look better.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Sad b/c I'm contemplating getting rid of my proclimb for a pro. That pro works. Flat works. And I bleed green and ABSOLUTELY LOVE my PC 800. But no decisions yet. Might see what I can get for the AC. I'm so torn.

S
Wow, that is odd l started this thread because l have been trying to find out as much as i can about the PC chassis to see how it would compare to a Pro. Last year I owned two Pro's but sold them because I was freaked out about the motors tossing their cookies so to speak. For a while I have been debating whether it might be easier to fix the poo engine (which is the only negative to the sled) than to change to different sled, and have a whole different learning curve to deal with. Now you've gummed up the works.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
My buddy who rides a 13 Pro hopped on my 12 PC800 last week and was amazed how different it was compared to when I first bought it. If you take the time to set up properly the PC is a dream to ride. Only time I see any negative compared to the Pro is very steep sidehilling in set up snow.

I will sacrifice working a little harder in those conditions for a superior motor and a stonger chassis. But I also just plain like Cats because every Sally on the hill thinks they are Chris Burandt on there Pro. I call it Turd Domination.

Premium Features