• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 RMK 900 Eating Spark Plugs

Troll-Tor

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2011
My RMK 900 have again started to behave bad...

It is using spark plugs like nothing I've ever seen..
I fired it up today warmed it up and drove a mile or two...
Temp sensor on y-pipe..
first Mag side went out....
Changed plug drove 700 meter and the PTO plug went out. changed again an same happens whole day..sometimes same side twice.
Had a bad TPS earlyer so it's changed and good or at least it was last time i rode it

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
My RMK 900 have again started to behave bad...

It is using spark plugs like nothing I've ever seen..
I fired it up today warmed it up and drove a mile or two...
Temp sensor on y-pipe..
first Mag side went out....
Changed plug drove 700 meter and the PTO plug went out. changed again an same happens whole day..sometimes same side twice.
Had a bad TPS earlyer so it's changed and good or at least it was last time i rode it

Have you checked your TPS to make sure it is set correctly?

Do you have the stock oil cable on the motor? If you do check it because the cables can get stuck wide open. Get the motion pro cable if you don't already have it.

OHM out your intake sensor and your O2 sensors to make sure they are within spec.

Troll-Tor

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2011
Have you checked your TPS to make sure it is set correctly?

Do you have the stock oil cable on the motor? If you do check it because the cables can get stuck wide open. Get the motion pro cable if you don't already have it.

OHM out your intake sensor and your O2 sensors to make sure they are within spec.

Thanx for the reply.
TPS was set when I changed it a couple of weeks ago. (if the TPS ig blown again, what would cause this? )
I find that I can heat-clean the spark plugs and they will work again (but only for a short amount of time). So oil on the plugs seems as a good explanation.. The Oil pump cable is not changed but it does not stick.. The Exhaust solenoid goes click click click when it starts misfireing. And it seems like the spark plug doesn't ignite every time it should.

I'll measure the sensors soon

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Thanx for the reply.
TPS was set when I changed it a couple of weeks ago. (if the TPS ig blown again, what would cause this? )
I find that I can heat-clean the spark plugs and they will work again (but only for a short amount of time). So oil on the plugs seems as a good explanation.. The Oil pump cable is not changed but it does not stick.. The Exhaust solenoid goes click click click when it starts misfireing. And it seems like the spark plug doesn't ignite every time it should.

I'll measure the sensors soon

Are you premixing? Smell the plug and see if you are burning any antifreeze.

Troll-Tor

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2011
The BoonDocker control module was the problem.
I noticed a short flash in check engine light while I opened the bonnet. So some wiring issue was making my Day..
Disconnected and everything's normal. So i guess i have wasted 16 spark plugs.. :-S

Premium Features