• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowmobile on roof

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Can you ride Smasher's Hatch now-a-days? Looks like that Saab has a platform for the skis? Yes Scott, an Element - one of the lightest four wheel drives with one of the heaviest sleds in the back - bet it helped with traction lol :devil:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Can you ride Smasher's Hatch now-a-days? Looks like that Saab has a platform for the skis? :devil:

Yes, Crashers Pass has always been open for riding. The park area on the Palmer side is controlled by the park service and only open once the snow gets deep, but the Willow side is always open...depending on how much you value your A-arms.

And yes, there is one of those receiver hitch metal cargo platforms on the rear that the skis are supported on. There is a side view somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Swedish ingenuity???? I'm Polish, I have to use a trailer!

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Cool MORSNO,
When I was up there in 2011 all my friends said it was closed so we never went all year. Maybe it was just because of snow conditions cuz that was a bad snow year. I also thought that use flip flopped from sleds to skiers. I wasn't up there for long so I didn't realize but I must've been misinformed. :devil:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It's ok, some on here actually believe that raising the cg does not affect the handling.

D
Jan 6, 2014
OHIO
get a 4x8 tilt trailer cheap and light

utility tilt trailer- add hitch to vehicle ($189 online with wiring)- I used galvanized wall studs to make ski tracks on trailer ($6 each!). They are strong and stand up to the winter/salt. Then added a basement floor covering (rigid anti-slip) to trailer for track ($3.50 for each 2ft area). It has held up to 5 trips so far. Got trailer on Craigslist for $150. Then found single Salt shields (only made in Canada) and added to trailer. Took sled 8 hours to MI and no issues, pulls nice, my bro's truck with his sled in bed and my trailer made little diff in gas mileage. :dance:

TILTtrailer4x8.jpg trailerplate.jpg

Premium Features