• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC m8 boost issue

C
Hey guys just got my sled boosting up with no bogs finally but I still have a issue with controlling boost.. It's getting to 5lbs but when I turn up the boost % on my boost-it xic seems like nothing is happening. I have to boost line ran directly from my air box to gauge so I know it's accurate. I'm thinking it's possibly a waste gate spring or xic isn't working properly.

TIA

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Maybe I'm wrong but the boost it box is just a fuel controller. No fuel controller that I know of controls your actual boost pressure. You either have a manual boost control knob or else there just set with different springs in waste gate. What turbo kit is it?? I'm think the boost % you reffering too is just % of fuel added per pound of boost like all controls. Maybe someone will chime in an show me I'm wrong then I'll learn something new haha. Also you say just got it boosting up...... As in your riding somewhere?? Or just a figure of speach an your doing this on stand in a garage?? Because you need load on the track/clutches/engine to build proper boost.

C
Yea I ment just getting it boosting up as in my last trip to mtns last year I've had so many issues with this sled but I'm finally figuring it out. And the boost it xic is a upgraded one from Neil new as of last year and it's supposedly a ebc same as the hm kit uses. My kits a ovs Garrett 2871 with external 38mm tial wastegate that I'm pretty sure has a 10lb sping in it

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Ok didn't know the new boost it boxes had EBC now cool. I'd just start with a simple leak test pressurizing the system with air compessor.

Premium Features