• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris guy from Alaska

M
Aug 22, 2014
I just bought an 05 RMK 900 anniversary edition with the 166" track and now I'm hearing all about the motor mount issues. As well as clutch issues. Hope i didn't get a bad buy. It has less than a 1000 miles on it. Can you all help direct me in ways to what i should do first. It does run. :dance:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Welcome to the forum!!

The 900's are well understood and covered in detail in the Polaris 900 Forum...Lots of helpful guys and great info.

I'm copying this post over there... and you'll find that there are lots of high mile 900's in the bunch.

That beast with the 166" track can really get places.

I really like the torque of the motor.

CLICK HERE to go to your post in the 900 forum.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Welcome.:face-icon-small-ton
I did have a 2005 900 fusion. Motor and chassis were junk. It's the only sled I ever owned that blew a belt. And I have owned a lot of sleds. Sorry.:face-icon-small-fro
But I will say I don't think you can beat Polaris/Team clutching. $.02

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Welcome to the forum!! You will find a lot of good info on that sled in the Polaris forums.

I haven't owned one of these sleds, but my best riding buddy had one and he didn't like it. It was a tank and he went through a couple of cranks. Hopefully you will have better luck.

Anyway, thanks for joining and enjoy your stay!!

Premium Features