• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'74 Polaris 250 value

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I have a 1974 Polaris 250 colt that I wanted to restore. I just have not had the time. I have seen some of these refurbished and they look really cool. I know there are a lot of people into vintage sleds, and I was just trying to figure out what to ask for this sled if the right guy came along. Engine does turn over. Any input would be great.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Completely restored? $1500-2000 to the right collector. Maybe.
Upper Midwest like around Eagle River there's kind of a market but I wouldn't restore one to make money on. It's not a muscle car. The value isn't there.

I have a fairly rare old sled, all original, low miles, very good condition. Trail Cat 440.
I gave $250 for it and its worth $1000+ maybe to the RIGHT person I think.
I let the kids drive it for their first sled.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Spend a little time on vintagesleds.com they have a classified and a forum section. Lots of information available and people knowledgeable in vintage sleds.

N
Aug 21, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Guys above are right. Vintage sleds are only worth what YOU decide them to be. You can sink hundreds of dollars into them, but maybe only get half of that in return. Im planning to do the same with my Polaris, when time & money exists. But it will be for my satisfaction & nobody elses. Ive seen nice complete running condition vintage iron for $500 or less. Has be be a popular model as well to pull anything over a grand.

Premium Features