• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Enclosed trailer fuel staions

xcr800man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Check out my post in the Trailer/Transport section of the Swap Meet. I have a 2001 Pace Aerosport that I have a 30 gallon fuel caddy that has a 12v pump that I use in that trailer for gas needs. The caddy straps to the wall and I have an auxillery 12v line that powers the pump. The caddy has wheels and can be moved like a 2-wheel dolly.

I like this setup alot. Easy to fill, and the pump is about 3/4s as fast as a conventional gas station. I will be running it again in my new trailer.

You can get this setup at Northern Tool and Equipment. Just search online.

I did look at a fixed tank in the new trailer and it was going to cost just under 3k for a 80 gallon. I just cant justify that much when this setup works great.

Good luck!

MacGyver

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fuel Caddy Works Great

I have a buddy with a fuel caddy, it works great he fills it up and I use his gas!

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Tanks

I mounted two 55 gallon tanks underneath the trailer between the main rails, filler comes up inside trailer right by the man door and the hose for filling sleds hangs right next to that. Put in an electric fuel pump from Barry Grant. Wired into tow vehicle and on-board battery. Works down right nifty!!

Having issues uploading pics at the moment, but will work on it

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2725443840084007687GzHDnp?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2232747080084007687pNBJxh?vhost=good-times

Last edited:

xcr800man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
"I have a buddy with a fuel caddy, it works great he fills it up and I use his gas!"

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor sucker!

Wait a minute.... that's me!

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
My nephew builds custom fuel tanks, any size, any material. Yes the pump draws off both tanks. The tanks are connected and have water/debris traps with drains so I can keep tabs on any contaminants. I also plumbed in a moisture separating filter after the pump.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I don't have pics, but my pa put a 25 gallon pontoon shaped tank just above eye level (where storage compartments would go) in his wells cargo 4 place.
He simply welded L brakets to the trailer frame, then attatched the tank... It is vented outside, fills from inside (close to door).
No pump needed... Gravity feed and works great.
Pull up next to the trailer and fill up.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Sorry no pics, but mine has a 70 gallon fuel cell mounted above the axles. Pump, filter, 10' hose mounted just in front of the wheels.

Give some thought to the filler door, and put it where it can be accessed with the trailer full of sleds/gear.

If you have any questions, The Fab Shop installed mine (for the previous owner). They do great work and are very helpful.

The Fab Shop
10315 16th St E
Edgewood, WA 98372
(253) 568-9124

Premium Features