• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 pro mountain skid into 02 viper

R
Feb 22, 2008
I'm putting an 05 skid in my 02 viper. Does anyone have location dimension of the pro mountain. I have been looking the internet over for pics, but it would be nice to have some hard numbers. Thanks

R
Feb 22, 2008
I hope the pics come thru! My viper started out as a standard 2002 thru the years i made it into a boondocking tree riding fun sled. As i hope you can see there is alot changed. But after a fun trip to the U.P. in MI we where running in some deep power when i hit a sharp 6" stump under full power and snap bam it cut my track in half and out of the skid it came. the sled is sitting just like i was going to carve in that deep fluff. To make a long story short i bent the skid bad and need a new track. So I'm going to upgrade.

20140118_154859.jpg found track.JPG

G
Jul 1, 2009
what seat you have on your viper? I am thinking about putting a polaris pro x shorty seat on mine but then seen yours........looks like a phazer seat bolted on polaris assault posts. Nice lookin sled

R
Feb 22, 2008
Yes that is a phazer seat. But the mount is one I made. The sled now has the 2005 viper mountain skid in it with rail ext. to get out to 159". I love it

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
I did the same thing to an SRX many moons ago. Do your self a favor and find an M series skid. I used a 141" set back to use a 151" track. Other guys were using 153" set back to use a 162" track. Very light and very easy to do. I think at the time I had $250 in the skid and $250 in a new take off 2" camo track.

R
Feb 22, 2008
Update on sled

Well I put the skid and track (159") in last year and got one ride in. It worked so good, It kicked *** in the deep sugar snow in the swamps. Anyways I finish my new tunnel extension and I'm almost ready to ride. Now we need some more snow.

extpic1.jpg extpic.jpg

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
I did the same thing to an SRX many moons ago. Do your self a favor and find an M series skid. I used a 141" set back to use a 151" track. Other guys were using 153" set back to use a 162" track. Very light and very easy to do. I think at the time I had $250 in the skid and $250 in a new take off 2" camo track.

I wanted to go that way but I got the skid for $100 with all brand new parts, so it was hard to pass it up.
Finding a cheap M skid in canada is impossible, and bringing one across the boarder the price starts to climb.
I can't complain about the weight loss over the SRX skid to the REV skid, it felt like a 15lbs drop.
Im using a XP seat on mine. I should have pics in the next few weeks with it complete. The pics I have now are pretty weak and it looks like a heap as everything is only mocked up.

Premium Features