• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight transfer enhancement kit

R
Nov 21, 2009
Can anyone help me with the enhamcement kit for a 01 MM 700? Where do you get them? How expensive are they?

Are they difficult to install? I have read most of the threads about them, the postings are older.

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
you can get them at mountian performance for aroun 30 dollars very good up grad for an mm

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Ya good upgrade for the MM, it was pretty easy to install. Did mine in about 30-45 min. and never took the sled off my trailer.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
You have to remove the stock rods.
So you have to take the skid out of the sled.

Rasmus

I didn't have to remove the skid, it's been a couple years since I did it but i think i just unbolted the rear skid bolt and then lifted the sled until i could get it out of there. But i do know for a fact that i didn't have to remove the skid.

no skid removal neccessary. they come with fairly easy to follow directions. worst part is removing the stock transfer rods, but if you follow the directions and the helpful tips, its easy. this is the only good thing you will ever hear me say about mountain performance.

F
Apr 23, 2014
Just so you know - Mountain Performance is no longer selling anything for 2 stroke Yamahas even though it is still appears to be for sale on their web site. Tried to order transfer kit and that is what they told me.

B
Jan 26, 2013
after doing some serious riding with the kit its proven to be all smoke and mirrors. In a real steep climb the sled just tucks up the back of the skid and digs a hole. I put an ez-ryde skid in my 151 mountain max for next year, but the transfer bars are going back on the stock skid for the day it goes back in the mountain max. They may be fun for playing on the flats, but not for me in the steep

L
Dec 1, 2007
Hartman inc. Try Tom, He still services the 2 strokes with a smile. The kit doesn't perform magic. Other adjustments are necessary. It does do what it was intended do quite well. My 2 cents. Hartman is awesome. Dial his number, if he does not answer he will call back.

Premium Features