• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 KX450F hand heaters possible?

C

chopper

Nov 27, 2007
Niseko,Japan
had a quick look but could not find any info

Im looking/thinking about a new 2015 KX450F to be a dedicated snow bike, can i put hand warmers on it? if so where can i buy them and whats involved

cheers
scott

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Not enough..

From my experience the KX450 does not offer enough stator output to run hot grips.

You may also want to re-consider the 2015 KX as they have air forks, which are proving to not maintain air pressure in the cold and snow, hence your front forks will be sagged out.

Something to think about.

Cheers

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The air forks work in the snow, you just have to be on top of them. Run about 15psi MORE than they recommend and check em twice a day (at the trailhead and for lunch). Keep the PSI up and they will work just fine for you. I think 55psi is where most people are running the air forks at.

I would agree that if you wanted to run warmers you should go for a stator upgrade. Trail Tech sells some 70watt ones (should be about 30watts more than stock) for around $125. If you run the warmers without the stator upgrade you risk pulling power from needed areas - injector, ECU, etc.

C

chopper

Nov 27, 2007
Niseko,Japan
Hand warmers

Cheers for the replies

Rush, I checked the trail tech site, they don't seem to cater for Kawasaki ? Have you any part numbers?

Cheers again

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Well, I guess Kawi and Suzuki are the two manufacturers that Trail Tech hasn't made a stator for. I put in a call for you to Ricky Stator to see if they have anything available for the KX450F line, no call back yet. From what I've heard, if Ricky Stator doesn't have it nobody does.

I'll let you know when I hear from them.

P
Nov 9, 2013
Upper Michigan
had a quick look but could not find any info

Im looking/thinking about a new 2015 KX450F to be a dedicated snow bike, can i put hand warmers on it? if so where can i buy them and whats involved

cheers
scott

I called Baja Designs today, had some questions with the electrical on my 14 KX450F. They sell a kit for a headlight, and I asked about hand warmers. They recommended to only run them one at a time, and not both at once. But they said it wouldnt be a problem one at a time

Premium Features