• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a new back pack

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
So I am going to retire my old True adventure pack as it is FINALLY falling apart. I really liked the pack and its features so I went to their site to find this.....

We lost our pack manufacturer. (They raised the minimum to 600 packs of one color.) We are looking for a new manufacturer and hope to have our packs back next year.

2015 update: Still unable to find manufacturer to produce a quality pack with a reasonable minimum order.

So looking for a good back country sled pack??

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Have you considered trying an avy pack??? I know there more $$$ but really they are worth it!!!

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
Found BCA has a few on sale 350-380 which is not bad.

But i think this will be on my list to Santa

containerbridge.php

If DaKine, then i vote Pro2

Last edited:
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Have you considered trying an avy pack??? I know there more $$$ but really they are worth it!!!

I had a ABS 15 and it was to small then went to their larger one and the weight was just to dang much to handle on my back. Maybe things have gotten better and there is a light mid size pack?? I am looking at the BCA now in the link provided.

T
x2 on the BCA Float 22. I have a fused back and a blown disc in my neck and I still use the BCA. More room than my Dakine. About a day after getting used to it you will not even know it is there and it has the oh s_--t handle if things go bad.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The new BCA avy vest with the intergrated tekvest are pretty cool!!

I'm currently running an Ortovox ABS Base 20 and I do like this pack a lot!!
I also wear a tekvest which takes the majority of the pack weight off your back and disperses it across the tekvest. I can definitely see how the new style BCA avy vest / tekvest would be comfortable.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I wore a pack for YEARS, got sick of it and then wore nothing for 2 years and it was great. Last year I decided that wasnt the smartest idea and bought an Avi-Vest. BINGO! Fits great, feels nothing like wearing a pack, never gets in your way, still has storage and most of all is the added level of safety. Eric

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Avi-vest....its alot of $$$ but its worth it(mine is the snowpulse). ..if a vest is too much I like my Black Diamond(cant remember the name) but the waste belt pivots at the base of the pack. Very unrestrictive.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
I had a ABS 15 and it was to small then went to their larger one and the weight was just to dang much to handle on my back. Maybe things have gotten better and there is a light mid size pack?? I am looking at the BCA now in the link provided.

I've used an ABS mid size pack for the last 2 years with the same concern….too heavy!

So I wanted to find a pack that was very light, carried well, minimal features and could still fit the essentials.

Decided this season I will try the Mammut Light Removable Airbag…. 5lbs 10oz with the airbag system.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Avalanche-Airbag-Reviews/Mammut-Light-Removable-Airbag

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.45.29 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.45.29 AM.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 77

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I have a Wary Avi-vest that has only been worn once, "never deployed". I bought it last year at the snowshow because it was a good deal. It has lots of room for gear.

I paid $350.00 USD and would sell it for $300 USD shipped. Comes with manual, and a full cartridge. Its a MED/LARGE size.

Wary closed up shop and sold off all remaining inventory at discounted prices.
30ddf0b949596af9cc89d00010ab21b2.jpg

5c57120b4f3a89eccda8dbbfa16d99b2.jpg

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I have a Wary Avi-vest that has only been worn once, "never deployed". I bought it last year at the snowshow because it was a good deal. It has lots of room for gear.

I paid $350.00 USD and would sell it for $300 USD shipped. Comes with manual, and a full cartridge. Its a MED/LARGE size.

Wary closed up shop and sold off all remaining inventory at discounted prices

Same Vest I bought, But mine was worn 40+ days last year. TOP quality, still looks like new. Zero issues with it. Eric

Premium Features