• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz coupling arc

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It has been out for a year but few have got there hands on it. My sled will have it for sure. A bunch were griping how over priced they thought it was. I can say without even riding it that it will be a game changer. You are going to get the best of both worlds without even getting off your sled.
Their new running boards will be a game changer also but the nay sayers are already talking how rediculous they are for pricing. The extra leverage you will have will be awesome. The biggest thing, to me, will be how much better it will go through the snow. You will be able to lay it over farther without dragging your running boards. Less chance of your track washing downhill. I always thought it would be nice if you were able to get a little farther forward on the pro. Now you can. Way easier to stuff a spindle on the xm. Even if I couldn't afford either I could still see the value in both. Those that can't don't fully understand what makes a sled work. Arc and Airloc will be the biggest things you can do for a sled imo. Then a turbo or supercharger.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
I had ordered a timbersled rear kit but after seeing this arc setup I cancelled it.
Only because I don't want to be getting off my sled, sweeping the snow out
Of my skid to change the setting to hit a shoot. That will get old quick.
I guess the durability shouldn't be an issue with skinz. Pretty simple design.
And it's a few hundred cheaper. But the real selling point to me is
The handle bar adjustment. Silly good idea!!! I talked to skinz today
And they have lots of the cable ones in stock, but the newer electronic
Ones r still being built.

J
Jul 10, 2010
Alaska
ARC

I have only had the chance to use the cable version on two turbo sleds. One was a 163 x 3" and the other a 155. It was noticeable and helped on the 163, but on the 155 it was very impressive. Riding a stock skid 800 pro turbo it is difficult to make good use of the power on steep climbs because the sled keeps wanting to stand up. With the ARC you just push the thumb control and it does a much better job of only carrying the skis a little ways off the ground when climbing. I found that it was not that difficult to train yourself to hit the button right before you needed it and then leave the skid un coupled the rest of the time so it is more fun to ride. I do have one on order for my sled this year so it was good enough to sell me on it.
Rob

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
Hey rob, thx for the feedback. I think everyone will be
Running this kit soon. Seems like it should come as
An option from factory. The cable version I think is the
Way to go. I see they r talking about this on
The pro section. Not sure if it's worth looking at if
Your not running a turbo or 3" track tho.

J
Jul 10, 2010
Alaska
I am running a 155 intercooled Boondocker turbo pro this year and it's worth the price to be with the stock skid. I rode a pumpgas 8lb turbo with a stock skid and even at that horse power it would have seriously benefitted with ARC. I am still not sold on the 3" honestly. At first I thought it was the best thing going, and on a Carls Cycle 900 it does seem to make a pretty good difference, but the turbo's spin the track so fast the 2.5 seems pretty close most of the time. One buddy of mine is actually taking his 3" off his turbo this season. We only had one problem with the ARC cable on one machine, and that was an anomaly. The sled came down sideways on a small diameter stump that went up into the suspension and kinked the cable. Good thing is even without the cable you can just adjust it right back like stock and rock on until you get it fixed.
later
Rob

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I think it is a game changer too. it's just a good $500 too pricy for the electronic version ($2500). My concerns are the price and the reliability. Not that I have anything to tell me that it won't be reliable, but it would really be a drag if ice or debris caused it to fail. The biggest problem for most of us is that we don't get to ride it and see for ourselves if it's worth it.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
trying to decide between this or a 3" track for my 155 turbo. thinking this might be the ticket. i could set the suspension up softer than i ran it last year. mainly the rear track shock. and then use the arc to keep the skis down when climbing.

J
Jul 10, 2010
Alaska
Personally I would do the arc before the 3" when you have the stock skid. Even with the stock track it is hard to find a perfect balance between fun factor and keeping the front end down on steep climbs. Both mods will change he feel of the sled for sure

E
Apr 30, 2011
I ran the Arc and the 3" track all of last year on a turbo pro it was still very hard to keep the skis on the snow. But over all the Arc helps and makes a difference. But for me it was hard to train myself to use it when needed.

Premium Features