• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Great Turbo Service

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Hey guys I never got around to this last season but have been meaning to do it.

I want to give a huge shout out to Cory from Boston Racing for bailing me out last minute on a trip to Togwotee last winter. It was my big trip out West that I organize with bunch guys from Minneapolis. On the second day of riding while heading back I noticed that when I hit it, boost would come on very irrationally. I would punch, instant boost, then other times feel like nothing, then randomly hit, and got much worse on the 13 mile ride back. Well I limped it back to the lodge, and started tearing into it.

After pulling the muffler, I noticed what seemed like to much play in the Turbo center section. Pulled the line off the oil pump and nothing. The Silber 13 oil pump went out on me, frying the center section of the Turbo.

The next AM I put a call and text into Cory. He got back to me and discussed the options. My 11:30 MT I decided the best option was to overnight a new KPA Turbo and better oil pump. He didn't have them but Justin did in MN, and was going to overnight them to me to the FedEx location in Jackson, WY. I was a little freaked out because A. Justin has about 1 hour to get this thing in the mail for me to get it next day and B. Overnight isn't always overnight in rural areas.

Luckily the next day I headed into town, ran some errands, stopped by FedEx to pick up my package by 2:30 only to discover they flight was diverted back to Salt Lake for bad weather. They said hopefully it would arrive by the last flight around 4. Luckily the turbo's gods prevailed and the Turbo landed!!

That night gathered a few of the guys, burned the midnight oil, and got the sled back on the snow for what was an awesome trip!

So again mad props for Cory from Boston Racing to really go out of his way last minute, to get me back on the snow. Before that I never meet Cory, had never purchased anything from him, and only spoke to him on the phone a couple times trouble shooting. Cory you saved my Trip! Thank you. :hail:

P.S If you have a Silber 13 kit. Get the updated oil pump :)

Cheers
Shawn

Premium Features