• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 M7 Oil in throttle bodies...Replace Check Valves?

M
Feb 21, 2009
In the parts fiche it shows the banjo fittings #10 as being "check valves". Has anyone replaced the 3 banjo fittings and stopped their sled from draining oil through the throttle bodies over the summer making a mess? Or do I need to change the entire oil pump assembly? Thanks for any help

0_1.png

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
When you put it away for the summer make sure the oil bottle is at half full or less and you wont have this problem. At least that worked on the old 900s

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is a common thing that we see on most sleds. The M chassis with the intake on the front of the motor seem to be worse than average. If the sled sits for a long period of time it will almost always bleed oil into the intake tract. The check valves may certainly be bad, but I would doubt it. As stated above, the more volume you have in the oil tank, the more pressure you will have due to heat expansion and the more pressure you will have on the oil lines when it is hot.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I wouldn't bother changing anything. My M7, dad's M8, M1000 all did it to some degree. My 2014 is the only laydown motor I've run that doesn't seep oil into the intake, but it's running pre-mix :face-icon-small-win

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It's a secret way to make sure your pistons are well lubed when you don't run the sled for a long time.

You know......a 'safety feature' :D

Premium Features