• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric Reverse on 2006 M7

B
Apr 30, 2008
Prince George BC
I am about to install the diamond drive from a 2008
M8 electronic shift reverse on to my M7! I have had both the M7 and My 2011 M8 apart before and know they are made different. How many other things will I need to change to use the 08 reverse on the M7.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
This is what you need right here
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378092

to put the mechanical reverse on your sled unless you are going to shut off the sled everytime you put it in reverse and then shut it off again to put it in forward you need some way to kill the engine and then restart it when it shifts, you'd need the actuator and wiring and reverse button. Hacking your tunnel to make the 08 fit and all the hassles just aren't worth it when for a couple hundred bucks you can get a turn key setup and save weight on top of that.

Dec 3, 2007
kill engine to shift...I don't thinks so.

"... you are going to shut off the sled everytime you put it in reverse and then shut it off again to put it in forward..." As usual don't believe every thing you read on the internet. You don't shut down an ,echanical reverse M8 to shift f-r-f, can't see how it would be any dif on an M7. Making it fit might be an issue though.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I removed my electric actuator of my 07m8 and put on the Peaks handle for a mechanical lever to shift...it works fine shifting with engine running...you just have to be quick and firm

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
That is why the factory setup stalls the engine when shifting into reverse, reduces grinding and less wear and tear on the diamond drive.

Premium Features