• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a Narrowing A Arm kit 2011 M8

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
I have heard about a 36 inch A Arm kit for the M8. Can anyone tell me where to find these or does anyone have a complete kit for sale? Guessing the shocks will also need to be changed and possibly the steering linkage. Any directions or information on parts needed would be appreciated. I'm not a big fan of the float shocks that are currently on the sled and would like to do a coil over conversion at the same time.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
We have the 36.5". Shocks do need shortened (16.5" eye to eye extended length). I've have quite a few kits out there and have never had anyone not like it. In my book the two oldies but goodies that will never die are the rev chassis with the 37" and the M with this 36.5". Fun sleds.
Dan

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
I did this on my TM1000 and am looking to do it on my TM1200 it changes the sled... Highly recommended.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
We have the 36.5". Shocks do need shortened (16.5" eye to eye extended length). I've have quite a few kits out there and have never had anyone not like it. In my book the two oldies but goodies that will never die are the rev chassis with the 37" and the M with this 36.5". Fun sleds.
Dan

Is there any reason that a guy with fox floats on the front could just run them a little lower pressure and make it work without cutting them down?

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Does the alt impact 36" front end kit come with shorter tie rod bars? Also I have heard if you have coil overs the spring hits spindle with 36" front end. Is this the case? If so do floats clear spindle? Thanks.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Does the alt impact 36" front end kit come with shorter tie rod bars? Also I have heard if you have coil overs the spring hits spindle with 36" front end. Is this the case? If so do floats clear spindle? Thanks.

They do not come with the tie rods. This I guess was just one of those kits that wasn't really expected to go very far so we didn't get set up with our tie rod maker. Depending on the year of sled they either have metric or standard threads which added to it, so it was better in my mind to have the customers do it (as easy as it really is) and keep the kit price to a minimum. As for the coil shocks I've never personally run into an issue. The floats without a doubt have a lot more clearance.

Glock41

Premium Member
Jan 9, 2016
Selah wa
I installed these a arms on my 2010 m8 over the summer

My coil shocks fit fine after being shortened to 16.5 inches

Shortening the tie rods isn't a big deal. Just cut them down and tap them. Can't remember what length I cut mine to but it's talked about in the other thread

Json

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I was emailing Alt Impact a couple weeks ago as I'm very interested in a kit...

9-3/4" is the suggested length

Premium Features