• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deal of the Century....2009 M1000 154" One Owner

G
Nov 6, 2016
Well as a few of you know I bought my first sled last week. A 2010 M8 SnoPro 162. Then I got to thinking I need one for my wife. Got to looking at something smaller and maybe even needing a bit of work for cheap. Had found a 2005 RMK 600 that needed a cylinder and piston for $500. I really wanted another M variant because Im OCD like that. Found a few nice M7s for $2-2500 and then this M1000 popped up. 2009 model one owner/garage kept. 2200 miles on it. No issues at all. Dude bought a new sled and wanted to move this one. $1600 delivered to my door. Do I want/need a sled of this size....NO. Can I pass this deal up....HELL NO! We can ride it this season and sale it next year and find something that more suits her. She will just pit around the bowls and trails so I dont think the power will be an issue. If so Ill let her ride my M8. Anything I should be weary of on the M1000? I have read up a little and I know there not bulletproof like the M8.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I hope you have a strong back and like to dig sleds out because those m1000's will trench and get stuck like no other. I definitely would not put a woman on one that has never ridden, she will hate riding for sure. It sounds like you got a good deal but definitely not a sled for any beginner.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i am 6' 2" 290 lbs and i had a tough time with my 09 m1000 , the steering on it was very heavy , you may want to swap sleds with her on the days she rides with you , also order a bunch of belts, you will need them.

P

powderman800

Jan 28, 2008
Kennewick, WA
M1000 vs M8

I think the rest of these guys are misrepresenting the M1000. It's a pretty fantastic sled. It's an M8 with more power and the extra weight is barley noticeable, if at all. Mine doesn't burn belts. Neither does the other M1k in our group and the guy who rides it is nearly 300lbs. My advice, for what it's worth, is ride the M1000, see if you like it, and if not trade for an M8/M7.

G
Nov 6, 2016
I think the rest of these guys are misrepresenting the M1000. It's a pretty fantastic sled. It's an M8 with more power and the extra weight is barley noticeable, if at all. Mine doesn't burn belts. Neither does the other M1k in our group and the guy who rides it is nearly 300lbs. My advice, for what it's worth, is ride the M1000, see if you like it, and if not trade for an M8/M7.

Thats my plan. Id rather have another 10/11 M8 so gona put this one up for trade tomorrow and see what happens. I like all my stuff matching so parts are easier to deal with and you can swap stuff to pinpoint issues. If it dont trade or sale for enuff to buy what Im after Ill keep the M1k and let the wife ride the M8 SP.

Premium Features