• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is this hose?

D
Mar 19, 2015
U.P. of MI
Im still prettty new to sleds, so identifying everything is still pretty tough for me.

I need to know what this hose is, and what size it is to replace it. I've got a chunk worn out of the bottom of it from it rubbing on a bolt head, and I THINK it is a coolant hose - AC Part number 0610-076
Im not sure about that. And that is not my engine, so I cant just look at the hose and see what size is on it. Mine doesnt appear to have the size written on it like that one does. Almost looks like 5/16" in the pic.

I also have a coolant leak Im having a lot of trouble finding. Lots of coolant in my belly pan, with no obvious source. This is the only potential source I've been able to find. Can anybody tell me when this hose (assuming it is actually a coolant hose) is pressurized? Anytime it's running? Only when the thermostat is open? Only when running at elevated rpms?

Piston_004.jpg_hcs.jpg

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
it is a coolant hose and just take it with you down to the auto parts store and hand it to them they will sell it to you by the foot.

D
Mar 19, 2015
U.P. of MI
So I went to Advance Auto, and they did not have any 5/16 coolant hose. They said their coolant hose started at a half inch.
They did have 5/16 fuel line, which I went ahead and picked up. Is that ok?

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
So I went to Advance Auto, and they did not have any 5/16 coolant hose. They said their coolant hose started at a half inch.
They did have 5/16 fuel line, which I went ahead and picked up. Is that ok?

Yup, it will work just fine for coolant

Premium Features