• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elka St5, HPG 40s, Raptors, ZBros?

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Had exit x1s on my 13 summit, they worked very well dual stage front springs, soaked up the kickers well. Prolly doin the same on my 16 summit x t3! How much are the full set of raptors?

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Had exit x1s on my 13 summit, they worked very well dual stage front springs, soaked up the kickers well. Prolly doin the same on my 16 summit x t3! How much are the full set of raptors?

Snopro11 we have been doing a bunch of kits this year for the T3 with our XO-IFP ski shocks and X0 piggyback center and X1 rear and they are a very light weight awesome back country type set up. This package type is $1709.00 FYI

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
ELKA X 2

I can't speak on the other brands you'd mentioned but I'm running Elkas now and they far superior to the full Fox setup, Evol fronts and Float 2 in the rear. They were, at least I felt too finicky and as was mentioned far from plush. Solded them with my XP. When I was looking to buy a new setup I was warned that ZBros were a tad mushy or a bit too plush, but that was just from one dude I know, I took his advice based that we are both about the same size and ride them same terrain types.

I am so on board with ELKA and their coil over shock, it was/is worth what I paid. Soooo much better I have no complaints with them..... Now if we just had some more snow on the west coast but that another story!

Definitely interested in putting elka stage 5's on my freeride, just wondering what they weight compared to stock ? Are they adding weight or removing.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Maybe a pound heavier on each shock. No big deal.

They MORE then make up for it in adjustability and rideability. They are primo shocks.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Another OVERPRICED raping of the Sleddar for Mod Parts

Why is it that all Mod manufacturers think snowmobilers are made of $$$ and it's ok to charge astronomical prices for Mod parts ???????

Snowmobile shocks ~ $1600 ++++ a set.

Truck Off road shocks (top of the line) ~ $500 ++ a set.

PITIFUL ......................... :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Raptors are my choice but I don't think u can go wrong with any over stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Why is it that all Mod manufacturers think snowmobilers are made of $$$ and it's ok to charge astronomical prices for Mod parts ???????

PITIFUL ......................... :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con

It's not just sleds. Ever looked at doing dirt bike, quad, UTV, or any other kind of power sports suspension? All big money for high end results. The lighter the vehicle, the more the setup matters too. Way more R&D time required to find the setups for the broad spectrum of riders and skill levels. The truck is not going to drive different with a 150lb driver vs. a 300lb driver.

You are also asking powersports toys to handle adverse terrain faster than you expect your truck to. To make it apples to apples, you would at least need to compare it to a pre-runner truck. And you won't touch that kind of suspension with $500.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
^^^Well said.

I get the point, mod sleds and sleds in general have sharply increased in the cost of ownership within the last few years. However what we're asking them to do has also! I certainly wouldn't ask a truck with $500 shocks to huck 10, 30 or 100 feet and expect it or me to drive away.

Last edited:
T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I dropped 2K on a set of four Exit X1's for my 2016 T3 154. I will give a review once I get some miles on them. I also have a full season on a 15 163 T-3 with the stock shocks. So I have a good baseline, and when new I was very impressed with the stock suspension on my 2015. So I have pretty high expectations for the Exit's. I will report back mid season on if they meet my expectations....

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho

That's a BS comparison, sled weighs 500 lbs, let's say that Raptor weighs 7000 lb., 14 times the weight, simple math says that 90 ft huck on a Raptor would equal about a 1/4 mile sled huck 90 x 14 = 1260 ft. Try that on any of these overpriced parts and see how that sled (Or the rider) holds up, a lot worse than that Raptor methinks, at least those dip$hits walked away.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The reworked RCS shocks on some of Rasmussen's sleds that I got to ride last year worked far better than the stockers. New pistons, valving, and of course Ti springs. Not sure what that package costs though.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID

"Top of the line" truck shocks are well over $5000 a set. Actually, much more than that. My 12x2.5 Kings were $1300 a pair, and those are pretty much street shocks any more. When you look at "the best shocks you can get" for a sled, they are still 1/4 the price of "the best you can get" for a truck. $500 won't get you a PAIR of single tube truck Foxes.....

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
"Top of the line" truck shocks are well over $5000 a set. Actually, much more than that. My 12x2.5 Kings were $1300 a pair, and those are pretty much street shocks any more. When you look at "the best shocks you can get" for a sled, they are still 1/4 the price of "the best you can get" for a truck. $500 won't get you a PAIR of single tube truck Foxes.....

Your very right here on your #s thank you for clarifying this for everyone.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
All good! I need to get with you here shortly on some shocks, I think I want to try some Exits on one of my rigs this year.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
All good! I need to get with you here shortly on some shocks, I think I want to try some Exits on one of my rigs this year.

Yeah lets do it we are starting to see lots more orders, guys are getting excited for another winter of riding. What sled are you looking to set up? I'm itching to get on the snow my summer has been nuts with UTV stuff which is really fun but not as fun as snow.

We have a lot more compression and rebound adjustment options now for sled front and rear shock applications, The rebound adjustment is really nice in the rear track shock positions, not at necessary on ski shocks of course but the rear track positions seems to like having that tuning feature.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That is kinda what I was thinking as far as adjustments. I think my T3 154 needs shocks. :) I am going to leave my 174 alone this year and quit trying to snowcross the silly thing, lol.

Premium Features