• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ball joint removal

H
Mar 8, 2008
Fort Collins
My buddy is having issues removing the ball joint from the aluminum bracket. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way to break those pieces apart. The aluminum bracket is not bent or broken, but the bottom a-arm is trashed. He has supposedly try everything except heat. Any ideas?

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
a puller worked for me if i remember right. i just had a cheap 2 arm puller i put the arms on the aluminum spindle and the middle of the puller on the bolt. if that doesn't work or he doesn't have one get a junk nut and a lot of WD 40 and beat it off. not many options.

L
Nov 24, 2010
So, I am the buddy Hockaday is talking about. I ended up getting it but is was a pain in the ***. Just in case anyone else has the same issue figured I would update so it might help you. I ended up getting a set of ball joint tools from Tool King for about $13 that ended up doing the trick. I had to beat the **** out of it but it finally poped out of the aluminum spindle. Spend the $13 up front and dont waste your time trying other pullers etc.

Premium Features