• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

weights for snowy range

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
All depends on how well your secondary is working. I ran great w 60g a lot last season with a secondary that would drag rpm down with 63g. I had two secondaries warrantied on my 14 last year because of their crappiness. New ones can run and hold rpm w 63g, worn or bad factory ones cannot, but WILL hold rpm with 60g. I aim for 8050-8200 rpm in pow

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
All depends on how well your secondary is working. I ran great w 60g a lot last season with a secondary that would drag rpm down with 63g. I had two secondaries warrantied on my 14 last year because of their crappiness. New ones can run and hold rpm w 63g, worn or bad factory ones cannot, but WILL hold rpm with 60g. I aim for 8050-8200 rpm in pow

I'm amazed by this CO. Are you saying you actually found a dealer that replaced secondaries on warranty because of poor performance or was there an identifiable problem with your clutches? Just curious. My dealer told me they had zero rpm problems with '14 sleds. Didn't help me a bunch.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Ya my dealer warranties all my secondaries if they aren't back shifting properly. My 15 sled had this issue out of the box and had it warrantied after the second ride. I did have another 15 sled with me to swap out secondaries to test though

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
That would be nice!.....ok, so if you had a good secondary, running 8-9500 feet in solid 2ft pow, cool temps....how many grams would you recommend on a bone stock '14 proclimb? I always hate to drop weight but maybe I'm asking too much trying to run 68s?

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
That would be nice!.....ok, so if you had a good secondary, running 8-9500 feet in solid 2ft pow, cool temps....how many grams would you recommend on a bone stock '14 proclimb? I always hate to drop weight but maybe I'm asking too much trying to run 68s?

Have you thought about adjustable flyweights ? It doesn't matter what is recommended online but rather what your rpm's tell you in the snow. The adjustable flyweights allow for quick easy rpm adjustments in the snow to optimize your rpm.

DPG

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Yes, I used the cutlers last year. I liked them, but was just curious if I was compensating for a crappy secondary.

Premium Features