• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let me (re)introduce myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Hi everyone! I've been a bit scarce over the past year or so. But after a fun snow show season and my first ride under my belt... I find myself with a new energy and excitement and plan to report in more often! Lots of things happening this winter to share so I hope you guys like stories, reports and pictures as that is what I have to offer!

photo4_zps01d80d8a.jpg

For those that don't know me, I've been riding for 14 years and have been on a Polaris that entire time. Not because I'm brand loyal, but because of the dealer network I was able to get to know over that time. Last spring I got a chance to throw a leg over a Viper and well.. let's just say... that's what I'll be riding this winter! It is currently stock, awaiting turbo delivery any day now. I think I know what it is like to be an expectant parent now....

Anyhow, on track. I started the Ladies Ride my first year riding and this year we are celebrating year 15 in Halfway, OR. The town is completely booked up! Last year we had 63 women show up, who knows this year! Along with that we are hosting our first true clinic that will be taught by the Ride Rasmussen style crew. This is fully booked to.

Over the years the original ride has expanded to several rides throughout the season. This year there will be a ride in Tollgate, OR - Bend, OR - Roslyn, WA - Prince George, BC and a Lil' Ladies Ride in Washington. Working on Alaska... we shall see..

I love taking photos, take thousands each winter especially if you can do cool tricks like those Northwest Freeride dudes.. (a few of my pics from last April!)
Luke Rohde
IMG_2260_zpsa868671c.jpg

IMG_2258_zpsbf9c5a12.jpg

Ryan Miller
IMG_2166_zpse220471b.jpg

Matt Hart
10671455_10152326294861652_8137556372911375852_n_zpsee73f1dd.jpg

This winter I'll be riding for Yamaha so expect to see lots of Viper photos, reviews, stories. I ride all over, from Revelstoke, WA, OR, ID, MT and WY.. so if you have a cool riding area and wanna show a girl around give me a shout! If you see this rig in the parking lot, come say hi!

20141031_164242SQUARED_zps094fe4b6.jpg

Me and my new girl getting acquainted.
fxr9_zps3a5b4b64.jpg

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Yamaha has a backcountry team??? :becky::becky::becky:

Welcome back! Looks like you take some killer photos! What camera do you use? I am in the market this year to upgrade from a Sony DSLR that I've been rocking for a couple years now. Heavily considering a Nikon since everyone seems to have good things to say about them!

Enjoy that new Yammy! I'm in AK for the holidays visiting family and was hoping to get a few rides in while I'm here. Unfortunately I don't see that happening with only the snow conditions here this year....again

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Brandy, congratulations. Your hard work has paid off. Great job!!

BTW, whats up with those toe-less socks?
You've come a long way Baby.
LooterGrassDrag1.jpg

Last edited:
I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I'm pretty sure I saw your truck just off I-405 in Kirkland a couple weeks ago on my way home from work. I was wondering what all the graphics on the tailgate were about. Nice rig.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Yamaha has a backcountry team??? :becky::becky::becky:

Welcome back! Looks like you take some killer photos! What camera do you use? I am in the market this year to upgrade from a Sony DSLR that I've been rocking for a couple years now. Heavily considering a Nikon since everyone seems to have good things to say about them!

They do now... ;)

I use a Canon, it is about 5 years old now. I'm also thinking of upgrading, need to do my research. Last time I did, about 2 years ago, Nikon was getting better reviews than the Canon in all but one very important point (for me) - low light conditions. This is where the Canons still shine it seems. You can't go wrong with either.. so get one and get to snappin'!

Welcome back Brandy, been too long, have a great season on the Yammi, I'm sure you'll test it's abilities, let us know what you think.

Yup, been MIA.. :)

Brandy, congratulations. Your hard work has paid off. Great job!!

BTW, whats up with those toe-less socks?
You've come a long way Baby.

Thanks Scott.

I hate shoes! If I could ride in flip flops I would!

Those pics are freaking hilarious............. oh man...

I'm pretty sure I saw your truck just off I-405 in Kirkland a couple weeks ago on my way home from work. I was wondering what all the graphics on the tailgate were about. Nice rig.

Well HI! LOL And thanks... I sure like my girl...

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Tollgate

My group past you and some other sledders pulling out of woods onto the trial with your rigs up at tollgate last weekend......loved the wrap on your sled. Where were you all coming from? Was there a cabin back in there? Never seen rigs unload that far back in on the road to Jubilee lake.

Anywho looking forward to seeing your posts this winter.......thought about stopping and saying high when I saw ya.... but the group I was in was eager to get back to the parking lot get loaded up and head home to watch football Saturday night. They need to get their priorities straight! lol have a fun and safe winter ridding and during your travels!

Cheers!

Dave

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
My group past you and some other sledders pulling out of woods onto the trial with your rigs up at tollgate last weekend......loved the wrap on your sled. Where were you all coming from? Was there a cabin back in there? Never seen rigs unload that far back in on the road to Jubilee lake.

Anywho looking forward to seeing your posts this winter.......thought about stopping and saying high when I saw ya.... but the group I was in was eager to get back to the parking lot get loaded up and head home to watch football Saturday night. They need to get their priorities straight! lol have a fun and safe winter ridding and during your travels!

Cheers!

Dave

Apparently you can drive up there until there is 2' of snow on the ground. There was only a foot and someone called forest service on us... hmmm... lol We were at a friends cabin but took the trucks back down to Morning something snowpark.

Take a long look at the new Canon EOS 7D MK II
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii

Oh how I would love to.. but that is not in my budget!

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Called the Forest Service......Really? lol

Oh jeeze........some people have no common sense! It wasn't my group that called the forest service and hopefully they didn't give you too much grief. Heck the groomers hadn't even been out because the snow was so low. Looks like you are having a good winter and finding lots of good snow......I wish I could travel as much as you to find snow! Have a fun winter and be safe on your travels.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Brandy, I spent the weekend with Kim.
We talked a lot about Animal. It was good.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Just for you CG

DPG

HA! Nice! Still in Wyoming?

Oh jeeze........some people have no common sense! It wasn't my group that called the forest service and hopefully they didn't give you too much grief. Heck the groomers hadn't even been out because the snow was so low. Looks like you are having a good winter and finding lots of good snow......I wish I could travel as much as you to find snow! Have a fun winter and be safe on your travels.

Funny, when I ran into the FS Ranger, next to my truck, he didn't say a word about it! Just asked how my day went. :)

Travel is good, but man my bottom is getting sore! LOL

Brandy, I spent the weekend with Kim.
We talked a lot about Animal. It was good.

Jealous! ;) Glad you guys had a good weekend!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Coyote-SPICE!!!

Welcome back!!:becky::becky:

Gettin your Turbo-Shred on!

Please keep us in the loop with your new adventures... Congratulations on your MUCH deserved ambassadorship with Team Yammi!! :face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton

They do now... ;)

I use a Canon, it is about 5 years old now. I'm also thinking of upgrading, need to do my research..

I've had great luck with the Sony Cameras... Really high MegaPixel shots... super fast burst mode, less expensive lenses because the image stabilization is in the camera and they are more durable than the moving-mirror DSLR cameras... I've dropped mine and no issues.

You can find good deals on used ones... you don't need the latest and greatest... the A65 from last year... gives 1080p hi def video (with moving auto focus in vid mode) , and lots of other features like GPS and fast burst rate.

I really like the panorama mode in the backcountry.

You can find great bundles on Ebay... in great used condition for a low investment... makes a huge diff.

I have the Cannon A65 with the Tamron 28-300 lens... not the best "glass" from the Photo-phile perspective... but I LOVE it great shots and no need to carry a bunch of lenses around...It is truly the "Swiss Army Knife" approach.

Sure there are lots of "better" cameras out there for the real pros... but this one has been super easy to use for me and takes great shots in lots of conditions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131406376209

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Brandy....

With all your FaceBook and other Social media posting...

The newer Sony Interchangeable Lens Style Cameras are SUPER cool.

You can get some inexpensive Sony or Minolta lenses.. and carry this sukka... super compact in a handlebar bag...

Great pics... but not photo-weenie quality you get with $1500- $5000 camera body cameras.

Use it with your tablet/iPad... iPhone or Android... nice.

pSNYNA-ILCEQX1~B_main_v500.png

pSNYNA-ILCEQX1~B_alternate2_v500.png

CLICK HERE

AMAZON PRIME HAS THEM AT $399... CLICK HERE

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o_riWgSRBNg" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

image1_zps5ebaeac4.jpg

DSC-QX30-Lifestyle-5-1024x682.jpg

Sony-ILCE-QX1-image-002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again Snowest censors valid comments made by forum members.

Ms Floyd has put herself into the position of a public figure and is not above reproach .

While she does post some nice pictures and moderately interesting stories , remember this is her job in return for the sponsorship she receives .

Her actions on other public forums should not be forgotten , they show what kind of person she really is....we are all judged by our actions ....remember this Ms Flyod as I will not forget your false , slanderous statements made against upstanding friends.

Tramp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features