• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK TURBO

A
Nov 26, 2007
I have run up to 8 pounds of boost at 14000 feet on the kit. i had to exchange my injectors for 1000cc to run the fuel. i dont like the aux injectors. had some on my brothers cat and I couldnt get them to work. extra set means extra problems to me. i dont understand fuelin that well but i have ridden in togwotee which i think gets up around 13500 to 14000 feet then up in Soda springs which i think is 8000 feet or so. (could be wrong haha) and i havent had to adjust my sled at all. my.02

Not trying to hijack the thread but if you guys are riding up to 14,000 ft. I though you start getting hypoxia above 10,000 ft for 98% of the people?

I think they are just taking the baby steps but I really see an intercooler in the future with the bigger injectors for these guys.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
You are not gonna touch 11k around tog very often, you have to be trying pretty hard to get that high on a handful of hills. Most riding is 8.5-10k.

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
K, just to add to the confusion (and again hoping to be a turbo guy next year, but still rather clueless)......

Are boost gauges not zero'd out and calibrated at sea level atmospheric pressure? So the gauge is reading the difference between pressure and atmospheric at sea level? So if your gauge is reading the same from the truck all the way up the mountain does that not mean that boost is going up as atmospheric is going down?

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Boost gauges do zero to climate, some take longer than others, liquid filled ones take longer. It is a good idea to get a gauge that reads vacuum as well than you can see how much your off and were the zero should be

Gauge pressure is different than absolute pressure

Fig2_1_2.gif

Last edited:
D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
Mtntk. Turbo

First off in think if you want or have the Balls to ride ( in the trees 14 pds of boost ) ??? Don't look at 91oct set ups, if you are looking for increased performance ! Think in the real world $10,000. $7/8 per gal fuel gauges ect ! Call a major builder and asked what they get for a ready to go fully equipped 14pds real world Boost $$$$$$ ! now sell it a year later ! ?? Good luck ! Now ! It's only Money ! Now If all your Friends and family you ride with , have that kind of boost , you can enjoy quality time ! But if you are just the average Joe ((real world 5-7 pds 91octance $5000. Garge self install looks Pretty good !

D
Nov 14, 2013
First off in think if you want or have the Balls to ride ( in the trees 14 pds of boost ) ??? Don't look at 91oct set ups, if you are looking for increased performance ! Think in the real world $10,000. $7/8 per gal fuel gauges ect ! Call a major builder and asked what they get for a ready to go fully equipped 14pds real world Boost $$$$$$ ! now sell it a year later ! ?? Good luck ! Now ! It's only Money ! Now If all your Friends and family you ride with , have that kind of boost , you can enjoy quality time ! But if you are just the average Joe ((real world 5-7 pds 91octance $5000. Garge self install looks Pretty good !

Guys must be in way better shape than me, 6.5psi in the trees for a weekend will tear your arms off........Pump gas and boost is a dirty word in my limited experience.

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
I think the only mistake they made was touting this as more than what it is. The kit was designed to be an easy install, uncomplicated, pull and go, LOW BOOST, non-intercooled, pump gas turbo at a good starting price. For that, it's perfect. It does it in spades from all of the reviews. The only negative reviews I keep hearing and seeing is:

Can only turn boost up to 8 psi.........then you shouldn't have bought a LOW BOOST PUMP GAS KIT!

If you want the biggest baddest kit and the biggest power, you're not going to get it for $5k. Period.
If you want exactly what I stated up top, then you'll love it like most people who bought it for what it was.

I for one can't wait till I get mine this summer.

Gracefull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ummm , I don't remember anywhere in the vids them specifying any boost level.
I'm thinking for what it is its a great kit. they may have been a little bold in the advertising, but who the hell isn't?

just be sure to use dielectric grease in the used, and unused ports on the wiring harness to keep moisture out...... it will kill the electronics quick.

D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
Getting the right set for youn

Boy, I am sure glad I spent 7,500.00 on a set up that allows me to turn my boost up to 14 PSI, instead of waiting to have it RnD'd and then try to work all the bugs out.

It's seems crazy to me, that MTNTK would come out with a turbo that has been tested at the sand dunes all summer and promise big results, and only deliver 8psi.

Where they spent so much time last winter and at the sand dunes, I would have thought that they would have had a set up that would demand big nuts to ride....something that could have been for the young and old, the slow and fast, but from what I saw, a guy who was disappointed, and his exact words: "I wish I would have got a Boondocker"

Not trying to start a bash, or offend, but just stating the facts.

I think 5/6 pds of boost 91oct no bells and whistles is fair! $5000. Plug in self install is a good deal , it took me about Six full hours to install . This weekend I rode at 10,350 alt 95 gram tipped weight polaris yellow/blk team spring secondary orange 165/310 team primary ( ditched factory air box ) made BD type cage with k&n prefilters !no bog sweet ran great , used blow hole , Keith Curtis regearing 2:41 kit $5800.total ! Happy ! Big boost turbo I rode with 12pds boost $10000. He was happy ! He got a smoking deal on Race gas ! Only $7.82 a gal and I got mine 91 oct at the 7/11 $3.56 I was happy , we rode all day together ! Bench Raced all the way Home it was Fun !

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GXhno_o-A
neils pro in this video is about 6 psi as far as i know. so I'm pretty sure 6 psi should be plenty for 99% of people. and all that boost doesnt do anything if you dont know how to ride it

Neils kit has a water to air intercooler.
It was tested and tested every weekend till they got it right.
I have not ever seen another kit run even close to Neils kit running and with those kits at twice the boost.....no comparision! JMHO

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
I have not ever seen another kit run even close to Neils kit running and with those kits at twice the boost.....no comparision! JMHO

its definitely better than a boondocker at 10 psi. i don't know what the mtntek kits are like. my dads 14 boost it pro is awesome. 700 miles of just pull the rope and ride!

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
What elevation does Neil ride? Not saying anything bad about his kits but 6lbs at 4000' is much different then 6lbs at 10000'+ which is where a lot of us ride.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I had another brand last year. Saw Neils sled in Revy last year. Had to have one. They built me one, for this season. Absolutely Awesome Sled.

Premium Features