• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a little Silber Help

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Thinking the OEM Tmap is plugged into the controller so that may have to go back to stock in order for it to run with out the controller.

Maybe clamping the fuel line is next with the controller and all connected.

Chasing a gremlin.....

Your telling me... it's a Troll living in the tunnel and I need a 3 inch to clean him out:)

I was thinking that controller might me the boss over something when unplugged. Hence it immediately dies after running a few seconds. Tomorrow night am an heading to Mexico for a week, but need to get the sled running as soon as I get back. I put an email into Justin and hope to have a few of the brighter Silber minds comment after getting back from a weekend of riding. I will be online during my trip, studying sleds on the beach :)

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Nice... Enjoy!!!

Ya thinking to be able to isolate the issue you would have to plug the boot Tmap sensor back into the factory harness...

Let us know how things go...

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Would have to look at mind and wont be home for another week, if I am correct it may not be possible as far as length goes... That's just me thinking... Justin should be able to answer that... Heck could be wrong...

The stock one plugged in on the stock air tube near the secondary clutch..

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Would have to look at mind and wont be home for another week, if I am correct it may not be possible as far as length goes... That's just me thinking... Justin should be able to answer that... Heck could be wrong...

The stock one plugged in on the stock air tube near the secondary clutch..

Sounds good!

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I worked with Chris at Dobec on an issue I had with one of their boxes. Chris told me that if you see LED lights coming on that should not be on it is probably your voltage regulator or stator.

The voltage reuglator converts the AC voltage coming out of the stator to DC voltage. Chris said when the voltage regulator goes bad it allows some AC voltage into your DC portion of the sleds electrical system.

When the Dobec box sees AC voltage it makes it do strage things like multiple LED will light up and the box will act randomly.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Did u check throttle pull? Also look at map sensor to see if it's got green death on any of the prongs. New 3 bar map sensor from gmc is 30 dollars

When I looked at throttle pull there was a little play before anything gave and nothing was hung up. I will look for corrosion

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I worked with Chris at Dobec on an issue I had with one of their boxes. Chris told me that if you see LED lights coming on that should not be on it is probably your voltage regulator or stator.

The voltage reuglator converts the AC voltage coming out of the stator to DC voltage. Chris said when the voltage regulator goes bad it allows some AC voltage into your DC portion of the sleds electrical system.

When the Dobec box sees AC voltage it makes it do strage things like multiple LED will light up and the box will act randomly.

Any idea on how to test that? That is great info

Cheers
Shawn

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Any idea on how to test that? That is great info

Cheers
Shawn

Simple, use a volt meter, put it on DC and you should see around 14 volts with it running, now set it to AC and you should see less than .25 volts with a good quality meter

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
mine was not hung up either but it was reading 5 percent pull. It was enough that it would not start do to the safety factor polaris uses. maybe throttle safety switch on your thumb lever?

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Just an update.

I let the sled sit cold, in the garage for a week while in Mexico. Started right up and ran fine, and the numbers looked good, I was stoked! Came back a few hours later to a warm garage to start the sled up, to see if things changed, and it did the same thing as before. Christmas Tree lights on the controller.

I will start over the next few days playing with any of your suggestions. I greatly appreciate all the help you guys have all been.

Cheers
Shawn

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I would pull the 3 bar map sensor and replace it. 30 dollars here in Edmonton. That is were your boost is sensed from and then fueled accordingly. If its faulty or damaged and sensing boost at ide then it will open the secondary injectors and not start . is your blue and green light on steady at idle. what lights on the debec controller are on at idle and are they flashing or solid state. Try unplugging the 3 bar map sensor (blue BOCHE one) from the harness that it is pugged into and see if it starts up properly. You wont really be able to ride it but you can try it while it idles. that will help determine if the 3 bar is acting up. for the 30 dollars tho, I would just replace it. The weather pack harness is supposed to be water tight, but mine leaked and had a terminal that was slightly green but it was enough to change the resistance in the sensor and send false signals. worth a shot anyway.

Merry Christmas

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I would pull the 3 bar map sensor and replace it. 30 dollars here in Edmonton. That is were your boost is sensed from and then fueled accordingly. If its faulty or damaged and sensing boost at ide then it will open the secondary injectors and not start . is your blue and green light on steady at idle. what lights on the debec controller are on at idle and are they flashing or solid state. Try unplugging the 3 bar map sensor (blue BOCHE one) from the harness that it is pugged into and see if it starts up properly. You wont really be able to ride it but you can try it while it idles. that will help determine if the 3 bar is acting up. for the 30 dollars tho, I would just replace it. The weather pack harness is supposed to be water tight, but mine leaked and had a terminal that was slightly green but it was enough to change the resistance in the sensor and send false signals. worth a shot anyway.

Merry Christmas

Did you have a chance to view the Youtube Video's on post 24 and 26 within this thead? I would also read post 46.... AK and I went over a few of the things you mentioned in the post above. I will look over the connections of the 3 bar map sensor to see if there is any corrosion and replace if suspect. I really appreciate your help :)

Cheers
Shawn

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Pulled out the TSS, wrapped it closed with electrical tape, same problems. I located the fuel line to the secondary injectors, clamped them with two pairs of vise grips. Basically it started, showed the same bars on the controller, but after a running it for a little bit would just show bars on the AFR gauge, which shows lean right? When applying throttle it sounded like a lean bog vs a pig rich bog at 2500 - 3500 RPM's. Please let me know what you are thinking :)

Cheers
Shawn

Premium Features