• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a little Silber Help

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
No, your box should not be showing those colors at idle so something is telling it something it should not.

I was only asking about the plugs to make sure it was indeed giving to much fuel as to not enough. The AFR can be funky so was just checking.

Family first!!!

I know what you are saying about those AFR numbers. Weird, but I am sure there is some type of explanation. My gut, as this is my first sled with AFR numbers, is rich... just like a flooded engine need throttle to remain running until it clears out. In this case there is no clear, but remains open. I will pull a plug to verify for you to hopefully take that out of the mix. I would think if it white vs brown then?????

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I would also verify your TSS isn't causing it to go full retard... Then install fresh plugs in it.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I would also verify your TSS isn't causing it to go full retard... Then install fresh plugs in it.

TPS?

What does full retard on, I am assuming, TPS mean? Would it trigger blue boost on the Dobeck?

Somehow the I feel the controller is seeing boost.

Would an out of whack TPS from thawing out in the garage somehow make the fuel controller see boost?

I would think that the TPS would just sense position and movement fast or slow, just a top of the head guess. If I am off let me know as I would greatly appreciate it. I am a rookie to the Polaris ways :laser: :wine::frusty::noidea:

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I have an update... when I started the sled, after the video above, then checked plugs, to test the fuel controller unpluged I forgot to connect the PTO side spark plug wire. I will post some updated video's and pictures. Basically the sled idles fine for a few seconds unpluged then turns off.

Below is a video with the controller hooked up. I started it with no throttle, but needed to apply throttle to keep it running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5e0MHN7yvQ

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Watching that video it seams as it is running lean and running out of fuel... So have you disconnect the sensor and box to see how she runs.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Watching that video it seams as it is running lean and running out of fuel... So have you disconnect the sensor and box to see how she runs.

Did you watch the second Video in the thread followed by the plug image?

Would lean cause it to show boost on the controller?

Have not played with the sensor yet. I wanted to get updated video's and plug pictures up before taking on that project, being I made the dumb move of not plugging in the spark plug wire before testing the sled unplugged.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
No should not... that is what is weird. The blue light would lead me to over fuel but your afr shows lean for some reason. Need to figure what is actually happening first. I could not look at the picture, was it wet or dry

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Seen the pic, seems wet... Put new ones..

TSS

throttle safety switch in the throttle block. ..You can take out and zip the shut...

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Amber check engine light. ..

What effect would the check engine light have on this process?

- does the dealer need to pull that?
- would the one spark plug wire create that?
- Does it need to be clear to troubleshot?
- It didn't show in video number one (first in thread) looking at it.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. If you have a local bar and they take credit I would be happy to buy you a beer or 10 :)

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
No problem. I was headed out to my sled to prove it with a vid. I was thinking, "ok dick, I am going to have to prove you wrong".

I have seen it a bunch of times. AFR reads 14 or flashes. Ok, I'm need to add fuel. Add fuel and it gets worse. Start turning it down. All of a sudden it will go from 14 to 10.

These new sleds have way too many electronics. What happened to the good old days when it could be a issue or two instead of a hundred.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
It could had been the one plug... Should go away if so.. new plugs and unplug the sensor. Clamping fuel line next. ..

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
No should not... that is what is weird. The blue light would lead me to over fuel but your afr shows lean for some reason. Need to figure what is actually happening first. I could not look at the picture, was it wet or dry

Not lean, slightly wet, amber brown, but no where near fouled out. Seen cleaner plugs from a strong running carbed sled in -4 and fat plugs that looked a hell of a lot worse. My plugs from my last 800r sitting on the bench look chunkyer. I am happy with the look of them.

I tossed the plug pic on this post too.

Plugs.jpg

Premium Features