• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carls Cycle/BD Mod Turbo

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Just picked up my new sled this weekend from Carls Cycle. I can't begin to explain how awesome and fast this sled is......and how quickly it makes power!
Boondocker 2860GTX Tial water/air intercooler, Polaris lite weight race crank, Carls cylinder/case porting, VForce reeds, Timbersled rear, ZBroz a arms and springs, Carls revalved front shocks, IceAge Rails, Holz/2Cool vents, ArcticFX Team Boondockers wrap, Carls clutch kit. Special thanks to Jack Struthers, Chris, Jake, Ward and Timmy at Carl's Cycle, Jared at Boondockers, Allen at Timbersled, Brock and Nick at Ice Age, Jordan at ArcticFX, Paul at Sled Solutions, Sid at Klim, MountainHorse and the guys at Zbroz. Now let it snow!!!

15pro.jpg 15pro1.jpg 15pro2.jpg 15pro4.jpg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
awesome sled. My buddy just ordered a super charger from carls. We rode the prototype from speedwerks last spring. Did you get to ride one? Just wondering how they compared to your setup?

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
How does the turbo oiling system work with the water to air? The oil dosent seep through into the intake track?
There's still no clear answer on this.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I rode the SC this weekend back to back with mine. The SC has better throttle response, but I like mine every where else; granted I have the crank. This has the least amount of lag of any turbo I have been on and pulls like no other.

Yes, staying with the stock track for now. I hate the 3", but do love the camo 2.5" and may switch later.

No ideas about the oil system.

Last edited:

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
How does the turbo oiling system work with the water to air? The oil dosent seep through into the intake track?

They are on separate systems. Usually there is an electric pump that circulates oil through the turbo. Same thing with the water to to air intercooler, it's just on a different loop with another pump.

Kick-*** machine Anthony.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

The oil is getting pushed through the bearings into the exhaust. There must be a break in the seal or something. How it is passing through, haven't had a chance to figure that out yet. It doesn't make it into the charge.

Visi... the new BD, runs off stock oil injection pump, with injection oil and a very small amount. The outlet on the turbo is blocked off. No circulation, just gets fed through the turbo.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
WOW! Awesome build! So it seems a lot of people are putting in the light crank, it must make quite a difference?? Does Carls take there builds out and tune them on the snow or do they just leave the shop with a base map?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
They are on separate systems. Usually there is an electric pump that circulates oil through the turbo. Same thing with the water to to air intercooler, it's just on a different loop with another pump.

Kick-*** machine Anthony.

As long as theres plenty of electric power to run two pumps while running a water to air... if not a mechanical pulse fuel pump is what you use for the W/A :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features