• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP!!! low elevation turbo

B

BrachtMotosports116

Aug 21, 2014
I am new to turbos and recently bought a 2012 vohk turbo pro .
I live in nebraska but ride 80% of the time out west, but with about 4 foot of snow sitting in the ditch in front of my house i need to go out for a rip!
does anyone know what or if i can even do anything to get my sled to properly run at such low elevation ?
any help would be much appreciated

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
Race gas or Av gas will be your freind. Really depends on how much boost your running and how low you can turn it down. Anything over 5psi at sea level you better be looking for some better gas then what comes out of the pump

Mike

B

BrachtMotosports116

Aug 21, 2014
its set at 10 1/2 lbs on 100ll.
i can get it down to a little over 5lbs , so add 110 and go ? will it need reprogrammed ?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Or just run it and watch your AFR. I run 8-10 at sealevel with 100LL with stock heads. Not sure what head/compression you have as that does change things. These sleds do rip at 5-8 at low elevation.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Does it have electronic boost control. If so The system will automatically adjust boost pressure based on atmospheric pressure. If you've changed your settings since you picked it up you'll have to call them to see what it was set at for elevation then you'll have to back calculate the appropriate boost setting to get it back to where it was so your clutching fueling and fuel requirements will be on.

For example at 10k mine is set at 10.5 at my house it reads 6.(something)

All that being said it'd be a good idea to talk to them to find exactly. I'm not sure what else could play a role.

Hope this helps.

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
Or just run it and watch your AFR. I run 8-10 at sealevel with 100LL with stock heads. Not sure what head/compression you have as that does change things. These sleds do rip at 5-8 at low elevation.

AFR ratio's can be pefect but at low elavation and not enough octane she will still deto. You can help deto by riching the top end out but then you loose HP and rideabilty.

To the OP turn it down to the lowest you can go get some av gas (100LL) and start there. You will want to watch AFR's and make sure you dont Deto. This will not be a pull and go sled till it get's dialed in.

If you dont know what your doing see if someone can help you. Or you will be putting pistions in at a minium.

G
Apr 23, 2008
yup follow above statement. ive stopped counting the guys who tell me they had rich afr numbers and low egts but still torched a piston..

NO builder is going to loose a sale telling you 3 psi max . avgas is a little slow to light the pipe but soo much more satisfying than the headlight going out !:help:

Premium Features