• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HM Turbos AXYS RMK Mountain sled build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't wait to see what Shane is able to do with the available space under the hood.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
I know many are interested in the turbo aspect of this thread, but at the moment thats not appealing to me, still too early to think deep powder (there are still combines rolling on every corner here)

I want to know about some chassis questions, if this is to be the next generation of Polaris deep powder machine, and you are among the first to mod it to that, this will all become very useful for people in the next 2 years

Have you got a tunnel on order?
What does the bulkhead to tunnel area look like?
are you using fastners or structural adhesives?
can you keep track of weight of the components you remove, and those taht you add?
are you fitting this with some sort of belt drive system or will it retain the chain case?

basically I want to know how close this machine will end up being to what "could" be offered next year + the fantastic turbo setup you will create\\
thanks!

Danny

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I'm really excited to see how this engine responds too boost. Seeing it on the dyno things are encouraging. I look forward to the results.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Reliable kit for the sea level to 4000 feet zone. Not looking for giant hp numbers just a fun kit. So far no one has anything for the Alaskan market. Why doesn't someone offer custom cut pistons with their kit for elevation? If you need test mules I can provide them.

I second this. In the grand scheme of things Alaska is a small market, but it is growing. The issue I've found is no one actually develops a map for here. It's all an extension of the map that "should" work at sea level with an altitude density of below sea level. If you made a trip up for in April, got your sled dialed in, and showed it off/allowed demo rides at Arctic-Man and the Valdez Hillclimbs you would have the Alaska market.

Currently there is a bad taste for aerochargers up here, if you put a good oilless kit with a quality ball bearing turbo (KPa ceramic ball bearing gets my vote, but the big thing is a Garrett style) together and had an Alaska tune tested and tweaked for Alaska riding, I would be kicking myself in the a$$ for this post because it would cost me a lot of money come next year.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
This new chassis and motor has got me excited enough to think about finally makeing the jump to a polaris cat after 30+ years. having said that this means leaving behind argualbly the best motor turbo combo behind. this means in my opinion only anything less then an external waste gate is going to be a step backwards and preferably the lightning fast spooling comp oiless package with an intercooled airbox if any would be what im looking for

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
This new chassis and motor has got me excited enough to think about finally makeing the jump to a polaris cat after 30+ years. having said that this means leaving behind argualbly the best motor turbo combo behind. this means in my opinion only anything less then an external waste gate is going to be a step backwards and preferably the lightning fast spooling comp oiless package with an intercooled airbox if any would be what im looking for

bob you can get a fast spooling self lubed kpa with an external wastgate now

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Why did my post get deleted for asking a question about Mk1flyingtiger's comment? He says there is a bad taste for aerocharger in Alaska.
So I simply ask why there is a bad taste for aerocharger in Alaska. Is that such a bad question?

If my post had not been deleted, my question would have been answered then perhaps the post would have fallen under exactly how you wanted the forum to go. Which is informing the forum members, non slandering in a reasonable and level headed way.
If there's a problem with a product, particularly a whole State has a bad taste for a product, isn't it fair for all forum members to know about it?
Seems to me your protecting a product, have a vested interest in it or you simply caved to a hollow threat of legal action.
Please do tell.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
It's not that ones a bad company v.s. The other, just a combination of things. The one guy up here who started trying to build 2 stroke turbos had issue after issue and stears people away from them. As big of a state as it is, it really is a small community up here, especially in the mod world. The biggest thing really was that they appeared to be a much more fragile turbo. The one that started it all was a piece of reed getting sent through the turbo and requiring a complete turbo rebuild. No one In the state works on them. Shipping to the lower 48 sucks. It's expensive, and takes usually 2-4 times as long. IMO that's completely unacceptable. When we have as much vast, rugged terrain as we do a chipped reed (happens all the time) can't leave you stranded like that.

I'm sure in recent years they have gotten better, but there is no one up here who messes with them. No one is pushing them, and no one has a solid running sled with an aero, without a horror story or 5, so there's no good examples of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features