• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High Mileage, KMOD, Raptors, 156 X3, Springtime, FUN [Video]

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Finally got a solid weekend of riding and filming in this past week up here in NW Montana. I thought I'd make it into a review of my suspension at the same time...

I'll start by saying the two sleds in the video have a combined mileage of almost 10,000. These sleds are not all THAT bad!

I bought a KMOD with Raptors all the way around last fall. I rode it with the stock track and it was pretty awesome. Then a few weeks ago I got a 156 X3 from Oregon Trail Sports. At first it was a trenching and wheelie monster. I called Kevin and Jake and they told me to loosen the front track shock up a lot and then turn the clickers up - it'll still be playful on the "1" setting on the skid yet you'll be able to climb instead of trench and wheelie. They were spot on.

I absolutely love my setup. The skid and shocks are flat awesome! I've ridden a lot of other setups and mine takes the cake every time. Everyone that rides it also agrees that it's a lot better. I literally can't go fast enough to feel out of control down the whooped out trail. I'm still running the skid in the "1" (lowest coupling) position almost all the time. Whenever we get to something really really steep and I NEED to get over the top, I'll take the 5 seconds and turn the coupler up and it plants the skis and flat out climbs. Another thing I really about this setup like is how rigid and responsive the skid is. There is a noticeable amount of increased feedback from the terrain which I really like (the opposite of the wet noodle T-motion). The increased travel of both the front and rear of the skid really helps on those steep sidehills, I definitely don't wash out as much as I did with the stocker. The front Raptors are also great, I certainly have a lot more confidence through the rudded up hills while playing.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with my purchases. With a little more HP (Fastrax this summer :)) I think my sled would be perfect for terrain out here in MT. Enjoy!

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
You guys should've became movie producers instead of engineers! LOL sweet vid, doesn't top the one from last year but gets me excited while waiting until next fall for my 15 to come in.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Awesome vid and great riding! Tell us more about the sleds

The red one is a 2011 with over 5000 miles. Stock motor, Evols, Bomber rails, Airframes, FTX & custom tunnel gussets, Vanamburg bumper, ArcticFX wrap etc

The blue one is a 2012-ish that I built from used engineering parts that I bought from Polaris when I interned there. Close to 4000 miles. Stock motor, SLP pipe, KMOD, Raptors, 156 X3 w/ Avid drivers, FTX & KMOD tunnel gussets, Vanamburg bumper, ArcticFX wrap etc

They've had some long hard lives lol. We're trying to make them live through next year too!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
The red one is a 2011 with over 5000 miles. Stock motor, Evols, Bomber rails, Airframes, FTX & custom tunnel gussets, Vanamburg bumper, ArcticFX wrap etc

The blue one is a 2012-ish that I built from used engineering parts that I bought from Polaris when I interned there. Close to 4000 miles. Stock motor, SLP pipe, KMOD, Raptors, 156 X3 w/ Avid drivers, FTX & KMOD tunnel gussets, Vanamburg bumper, ArcticFX wrap etc

They've had some long hard lives lol. We're trying to make them live through next year too!

Kinda ruins the theory that they're only good for one year that a few haters have been grasping onto around here lately:face-icon-small-ton

Nice riding, just doing what the Pro does best:face-icon-small-hap

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately there wont be a Natural Frequency II this year... Just wasn't in the cards.

Yep Gary, I started out here in December and Travis started in February. We're pretty close to each other so it works out for riding and whatnot. Pretty cool to move 2000 miles across the country and only be a short drive from your old roommate and one of your best friends!

Let me know if you're going to come! We can show you around for sure. There's tons of great riding up here!

Premium Features