• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LR800 went down :(

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I am sad to say my LR800 bit the dust this morning, with ~600 miles on it. I cannot say the exact reason of failure yet, there are a few possibilities but I will let the engine builder look and decide.

I was about 3km in on the trail and it just died, hard to turn over by the primary. Didn't overheat or det.

Sucks as I just put the PC2.6 on and never got to test it out.

Had to ride a '13 xm all day lol! Wasn't too bad once I figured out how to reposition my feet/body.

Sounds like I am getting a cat to ride tomorrow, what a weekend haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Who is the engine builder?

How did it act when it went down?

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I won't mention the builder yet until I contact him.

I was just bombing along the trail and it made a funny noise and died instantly. Was about 6-7000rpm and half throttle or so.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
It really doesn't matter to me. I was referring to Phil's comment anyway. Just curious, that's it. Even if I buy a new sled with warranty it's going straight to IndySpecialties. Dan is a miracle worker, but with all of em he has on the snow. A few are bound to go down.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
My riding buddy had his long rod go down with about 300 miles on it. Builder stood %100 behind his work. Clutch side bottom end bearing had no oil. And only about 4" of oil left in the oil line too the other Bearing.Vent cap failed, Long story short. Vent you're oil tanks. And we know the LR cant make this happen or the builders problem the vent cap F up. And he still took care of it.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I spoke to the builder and he assured me he will fix it up no charge and it will be getting some updates aswell.

Thankfully this weekend was my last ride so no hurry to get it back.

Have a bad *** cat to ride for the next few days too. Raptors, kmod suspension, etc.

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
LR motor

I've had 2 go down, not happy. But like stated I will talk to builder. Even if taken care of it's still bullsh*t. Tore it down and what was in it wasn't what was promised. Chinese crap

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I've had 2 go down, not happy. But like stated I will talk to builder. Even if taken care of it's still bullsh*t. Tore it down and what was in it wasn't what was promised. Chinese crap

Who was your builder?

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Lr

Can say I was told stock oem Polaris pistons were in his kit and they definetly r not. SPI pistons aren't stock Polaris oem pistons last time I checked? And welded skirts look like the quality that came out of a high school shop class, transfer ports r partially blocked and I wonder why I was creating heat? Squeaked a piston, etc.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
I had my LR motor go down at 400 miles (all Boost) was not happy but hey its got warranty. I sent my motor back and and we determined it to be no oil. I checked my oil pump and sure enough it wasn't pumping any oil. So I purchased a new oil pump and Indy Specialties warrantied my motor even tho it was not there fault. I now have about another 250 miles on the new motor. Everything is going well. Like ghost rider tho I do not have Polaris pistons in my motor.

Premium Features