• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle change... Finger Throttle??

C

classic-indy

Dec 4, 2009
Vancouver, BC. Canada
Totally sold on finger throttle. so much easier on the wrist. In general a huge improvement, started to become instinct to grab for the throttle there by the end of today. I'll update with pics and video soon.

W
Apr 4, 2013
Washington
Finger Throttle

Has anyone tried rotating the thumb throttle 180 to use your index finger for throttle? I've got a bit of carpel tunnel in my right hand and I thought this might lead to less fatigue.

pablosescape

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2008
big lake mn.
had a friend brake his hand , had to turn the flipper 180 deg. so that he could ride using his fingers, works fine for trail riding but if you got to stand, very hard to hang on and control.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
A few of my friends have had the throttle flipper on the bottom of the bar (pointed down)... and love it... standing up... it is a finger throttle... sitting down... thumb throttle...or vice versa in tricky situations.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
pro finger throttle

any body make or know of someone that makes a fingerthrottle to fit a 13 pro. i have mine turned foward now and like it but would want something with a trigger like a waverunner type instead of a big flipper. let me know

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I don't like twist throttles, and I would think they ice up badly. Any thoughts suggestions?

For the stand up and ride forward that the Pro has a twist might not be such a bad idea for some .

The twist throttle can freeze up but not where you would think on heavy over the hood snow days , at least for my ride . The times it has froze up on me was over night and down where it hooks up to the slides , a long screw driver pops it without abusing the cable by pulling on the twist .

I also have it on a 700 sport quad but some seem to have a problem with it because they panic and forget to back off while holding on . Something that might be more important to think about .

Aug 29, 2014
I have been riding with finger pull for 15 years and love it. Mod sled has 3 44mil carbs way easier to pull with fingers than push with thumb. my 09 rmk was finger pull as well

Premium Features