• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New for the Pro - Hood Strap Kit

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Fire 'n Ice has been selling the strap kit for 3+ years and is only $40...

http://www.firenice.us/store/pro-chassis/hood-strap-kits/2011-2014-pro-hood-strap-kit.html

The difference being the sled solution kit BOLTS down the strap on both sides, where the fire n ice kit relies on the rubber flange wings. In a roll situation the f n i kit will pop loose with too much strain. Seen it happen. Sled Solution kit wont.

Im tired of the 1/4" turn! Will be ordering up from sled solutions!

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
But that's how I know when I've bent something, when the fasteners don't latch haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Nice to have options but your not the first. Fire N Ice makes a strap kit as well
We've been working on this kit for the last year getting it right. I had NO idea that FNI had a kit similar to this but that tells me we ended up down the right road.

Paul.... what is MSRP???.

Price is set at $89.95 and I know many will complain about it but nobody knows how much time we have invested into this kit getting it right. Anyone can go and order the straps from Polaris and some hardware store hardware and make the FNI kit. We wanted straps specific to the Pro with hardware that wasn't going to rust and look like they were factory. I've seen the other kit and IMO ours will hold the side panels in place much better. The problem I have with the Polaris straps is that the customer has to slot the plastic to install. There are just as many customers out there that can't or don't want to do that as there are customers who could build there own sled. We wanted the kit to be simple to install (installation video coming), tough, and cosmetically appealing. This kit achieved all of that and although pricing didn't fall where we had hoped the market is big enough to sustain a Good/Best option scenario. Options are good because the customer gets to choose which product fits their budget.

If the price is right, sign me up. I hate the Dzus fasteners. Sometimes they go right in, most of the time they don't.

I was even thinking of doing something like drag race car hood pins. Oh, wait, Cat already did that idea.

Funny you mention the Cat pin idea because that was the original idea and our first prototype. Problem was no matter how we did it the kit didn't give us that look and feel of o.e.m. and cost was still up there.

Fire 'n Ice has been selling the strap kit for 3+ years and is only $40...

http://www.firenice.us/store/pro-chassis/hood-strap-kits/2011-2014-pro-hood-strap-kit.html

Yep

The difference being the sled solution kit BOLTS down the strap on both sides, where the fire n ice kit relies on the rubber flange wings. In a roll situation the f n i kit will pop loose with too much strain. Seen it happen. Sled Solution kit wont.

Im tired of the 1/4" turn! Will be ordering up from sled solutions!

Your prototype set should be in your mail box right now Phatty.

But that's how I know when I've bent something, when the fasteners don't latch haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, exactly! Guys I talk to who don't hate the 1/4 turn fasteners have never tweaked a panel or wrecked a bumper.

Last edited:

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Price is set at $89.95 and I know many will complain about it but nobody knows how much time we have invested into this kit getting it right. Anyone can go and order the straps from Polaris and some hardware store hardware and make the FNI kit. We wanted straps specific to the Pro with hardware that wasn't going to rust and look like they were factory. I've seen the other kit and IMO ours will hold the side panels in place much better. The problem I have with the Polaris straps is that the customer has to slot the plastic to install. There are just as many customers out there that can't or don't want to do that as there are customers who could build there own sled. We wanted the kit to be simple to install (installation video coming), tough, and cosmetically appealing. This kit achieved all of that and although pricing didn't fall where we had hoped the market is big enough to sustain a Good/Best option scenario. Options are good because the customer gets to choose which product fits their budget.

You started this thread saying that the Polaris Dzus fasteners cost a fortune.
What category would that put your kit in than?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
You started this thread saying that the Polaris Dzus fasteners cost a fortune.
What category would that put your kit in than?

Yep and once you replace the o.e.m. set up you'll never have to worry about replacing them again. Not only will you not have to replace the fasteners they are A LOT more user friendly which was the goal for me.

Replace 1 set of 4 for $63.56 and look what you get.

1 STUD-1/4 TURN 6MMX16MM
7661969 4 $14.29

1 RETAINER-1/4 TURN 6MM,STEEL
7710634 4 $1.61

Last edited:

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Yep and once you replace the o.e.m. set up you'll never have to worry about replacing them again. Not only will you not have to replace the fasteners they are A LOT more user friendly which was the goal for me.

Replace 1 set of 4 for $63.56 and look what you get.

1 STUD-1/4 TURN 6MMX16MM
7661969 4 $14.29

1 RETAINER-1/4 TURN 6MM,STEEL
7710634 4 $1.61

Ok. User friendly, I get it. Price gouging I get also. I'll struggle with mine a while longer.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Ok. User friendly, I get it. Price gouging I get also. I'll struggle with mine a while longer.

He's explained the price, you don't have to buy it. Why is it some don't think anybody is entitled to a profit... Do you go to work for free or for as little as possible?

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
He's explained the price, you don't have to buy it. Why is it some don't think anybody is entitled to a profit... Do you go to work for free or for as little as possible?

I just don't think the design is worth that kind of money. All it is, is strap's and fastener's. Why is it I can't voice my opinion just like I see you do all the time? Does it matter what I do for work?

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I just don't think the design is worth that kind of money. All it is, is strap's and fastener's. Why is it I can't voice my opinion just like I see you do all the time? Does it matter what I do for work?

Your absolutely entitled to your opinion and voicing it and I could care less what you do for work. I asked if you did it for no profit.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I've been known to do plenty of work for no profit. Or anything for that matter.:face-icon-small-blu

Premium Features