• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Won't stay running pro 800

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
2011 pro, 2,700 miles, has been running flawless. Randomly died after coming to a stop to check on a buddy and wouldn't restart. Towed it out.

It fires but dies.

Replaced the fuel pump and same thing.

Ideas?

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I have my own sleds to work on any ideas are helpful, looking at this for a buddy.

I like carbs, minimal electrics, and hoods that have a hinge, glad I don't own one of these. :face-icon-small-sho

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
if you are still trying to figure it out have a look at the capacitor. Black box that sits on the clutch guard. Had one do the exact same thing and after checking everything over as far as tether and kill switch it ended up being the capacitor. You can test it with a digital ohm meter.

K
Apr 19, 2014
Manitoba Canada
I had the same problem, first hold in the throttle safty switch while starting, if you can keep it running while using throttle and it dies when u let off its likely a tps issue. If that doesn't work you could have an injector problem which isn't uncommon on that sled.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Turns out mt hood polaris can't find there way out of a paper bag just like my local dealer.

Sled is still not running.

They think it's the voltage regulator now, don't have one in stock and won't try one off one of the numberous pros they have in stock..

Snow is melting and this sled was suppose to go to montana tomorrow and ride this week.

Fuel pump is not getting voltage is the problem, the voltage regulator is the first thing that came to my mind when I heard that from them last week but what do I know they are the professionals, I guess that's why it's been 5 working days and it's still not running.

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I had a similar issue with my 2011. That was at the end of the season and I did trade that one in. I did hear a rumor later that it was an injector(s) but I can't say that for sure.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
All I can say is you went the wrong direction for a dealer

Greg, this is a buddy's sled. I told him to take it to you but it just happened I was going to Portland so that's how it ended up at mt hood. You actually may be seeing this sled soon because he's getting sick of waiting on poor service from dealers!

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Did you figure out what the problem was? I have a 2013 that sounds like it went down in the same fashion. It ran great all weekend, then about a mile from our hotel was doing a little climb and just died. It will start and run if I holdthe throttle but as soon as I let off the engine light comes on and it dies.

Premium Features