• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage rails?

M
Sep 17, 2012
My Stock rails are bent where the front torque arm connect to the rails. Are the iceage rails stronger? I hit decent jumps, and some landings are rough and hard. Some feedback would be great

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Yes they are. IceAge also makes what they call the "Bomber" rails for the Pro that are even stronger for those that like to jump and do drops.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've heard good things about the "bomber rails" but little fact your stock rails are technically Ice Age rails too. Ice Age makes rails for Polaris just with different specs as their own.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that about sum it up?

from the facebook pic they put up.

stock, stock replacements, then the bombers.

1911787_677802248950097_226123415_n.jpg

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
My Stock rails are bent where the front torque arm connect to the rails. Are the iceage rails stronger? I hit decent jumps, and some landings are rough and hard. Some feedback would be great

I think I may know how this happened! :face-icon-small-sho

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I believe that for those that ride hard... a couple more cross shafts will go a long way to keeping the rails from bending.

Once the rail "bows" out a bit...even the bomber rails... it's toast! The cross shafts keep that from happening.

First they bow out.. then they bend... then you buy new ones.

Cross braces And/Or rail reinforcements will help keep that from happening.

http://www.iceageperformance.com/pr...shafts/snowmobile-slide-rail-cross-shaft.html

file_5_10.jpg

Ice age has a new X-Brace that works real well at keeping things locked down though it may collect some ice... Paint it!

http://www.iceageperformance.com/products/lightweight-accessories/cross-shafts/iceage-x-brace.html#

Strengthen your stock or IceAge rails with the IceAge billet X-Brace. Provides increased torsional strength that far exceeds that of cross shafts or rail stiffners. Designed to mount between the rear suspension torque arm and rear idler wheels or between the front and rear torque arms.Applicable to all stock and IceAge rails.
dsc_5711r.jpg

Last edited:
H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
I believe that for those that ride hard... a couple more cross shafts will go a long way to keeping the rails from bending.

Once the rail "bows" out a bit...even the bomber rails... it's toast! The cross shafts keep that from happening.

First they bow out.. then they bend... then you buy new ones.

Cross braces And/Or rail reinforcements will help keep that from happening.

http://www.iceageperformance.com/pr...shafts/snowmobile-slide-rail-cross-shaft.html

file_5_10.jpg

Ice age has a new X-Brace that works real well at keeping things locked down though it may collect some ice... Paint it!

http://www.iceageperformance.com/products/lightweight-accessories/cross-shafts/iceage-x-brace.html#

dsc_5711r.jpg

I ordered an extra cross shaft and bolts as preventative measure for my Pro. It looks like all of the bent rails I have seen are bent or bowed out between the rear scissor mount to the rails, and the front torque arm mount to the rails. Question: I have holes in my rails for accessory bogies behind the front torque arm. The upper hole looks like a poor choice as the pull rod will contact a shaft installed there. How about the lower hole in the rails, do you know if the pull rod will move into that position at full compression?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I ordered an extra cross shaft and bolts as preventative measure for my Pro. It looks like all of the bent rails I have seen are bent or bowed out between the rear scissor mount to the rails, and the front torque arm mount to the rails. Question: I have holes in my rails for accessory bogies behind the front torque arm. The upper hole looks like a poor choice as the pull rod will contact a shaft installed there. How about the lower hole in the rails, do you know if the pull rod will move into that position at full compression?

Only way to know is if you pull the springs off your shocks and cycle the suspension until it bottoms out front and back.

Premium Features