• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can you back out on a snowcheck?

2dedge

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
Never snowchecked before and don't know the fine print.

Obviously I wouldn't want to but with the curveballs life throws at us how does it work? Do I just loose my $500?

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada

Obviously I wouldn't want to but with the curveballs life throws at us how does it work? Do I just loose my $500?

Yup. And if it's a good dealer they can eat the 500 as they will keep the sled as a demo.....
I actually sold a snowcheck way back in 1994. I'm sure there are alot of guys that will miss the opportunity now and want that snowcheck come Sept!
I would'nt worry about it...

Hope it all goes well for you....

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
You will lose your deposit and the dealer will just sell the sled to the next guy. When I did mine, there was also a clause stating once the sled was ready, and I was contacted, I had a couple weeks to pick up sled. I suppose that was so the dealer got paid for his inventory and/or didn't have to keep all the machines till December.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Funny, when I snow checked two weeks ago I never signed anything. They ran my card for $500.00 and gave me a receipt. The whole process took about two minutes. I haven't received a conformation e-mail either, was I supposed to? or does that come after the snow check time frame ends?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Funny, when I snow checked two weeks ago I never signed anything. They ran my card for $500.00 and gave me a receipt. The whole process took about two minutes. I haven't received a conformation e-mail either, was I supposed to? or does that come after the snow check time frame ends?

i got an email in the fall stating it was built i think or on route? then one that it was delivered.

If you pick up early like i did i got until the end of december 2016 for my warrenty on my 2014, if i picked it up in october i would have ran out of warrenty in october 2016 so i kind of got a extra 1/3-1/2 year warrenty.

fastmnstealth

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2010
Big Lake, MN
I received an email confirmation from Polaris stating that have received my Snowcheck order.

This may be because my Dealer immediately submitted it (and included my email address).

Mark

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada

I never got an email either when I snowchecked last year. Keep that receipt though. Saved one guy I know that snowchecked and they didnt order it. Talk about lucky. I never saved mine.lol

You may recieve one once the dealer submits the order. I configured my order online and once we firmed up the deal I did recieved a confirmation email.
I would just ask the dealer for the order # now just incase.....
They usually ship starting in Aug thru Dec. My 13 Assault arrived in Oct, and I picked it up in Early Dec. I saw somwhere the warranty does not start until Dec, so I would assume a later shipping date.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If dealer is nice they will give you instore credit fir the $500

For sure. It's no sweat off their back...they have a cool snow-check model to sell the next guy. Plus whatever schwag they sell you for $500 has 300% markup anyways. Win win.

Flyn Or Dyn

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2009
Wisconsin
snowcheck

I received a email conf. when I checked my 13 and last week when I did my 15 the email was there by the end of the day.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I backed out of a snowcheck in 2011, some contract changes happened at work and my crew got cut. Made sure to let them know as soon as possible and they said they'd have no problem selling it and gave me the money back. They ended up just restructuring the group, and even though my crew was cut they laid off 8 other people and changed the crews title so fall came around and I bought one off the floor.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008

I am sure if you give details (location, sled, ect) someone might be in the market for a snow check.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States

Rather than loosing your $500 sell your snow check to for someone for $400. The snow check will come in your name than transfer the warranty over to the new buyer.

Texasron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Dallas, Tx
$500 Snowcheck deposit

Power World Granby very graciously returned my deposit, last year. I went blind in my right eye and they had no problem with it. I also told them I would buy it if not sold. Really a first class place to deal.

Premium Features