• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

X3 Track Vs Powerclaw 2.6

kchester

Lifetime Membership
Feb 29, 2012
Utah
www.ark-ins.com
I have been pondering the idea of replacing the stock track on my 13 Pro 155 to a X3 track or to the Powerclaw 2.6. Curious what your experience might be with each track and the pros and cons of each. (Yes I have read the X3 review in this forum)

I am curious about is total installed cost for each.

X3 will need to have anti-stab kit, 7 tooth drive ect to make it fit, but what about the Powerclaw?

Has anyone tried them both and have thoughts( productive ones)?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
You do not need an anti stab kit if you buy the ported x3 and run the Avid 7 tooth driver with the center extrovert sprocket. I love my 162" x3. I have not experienced or even seen a Pro with the 2.6" PowerClaw track. The track is expensive (around $1300) and the driver kit is about $270 if my memory serves me correctly. I have yet to ride any snow conditions where I did not like the x3 better. The Avid system with the ported track vibrates less than the anti stab kitted non ported tracks for some reason.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Cost wise you are about the same for both of them. They are both a 3.0 pitch require driver changes and anti stab unless you are running the center punched X3 which the general consensus seems to be to not run the center punched.

I am also curious about a comparison to a PC 2.6 which I think is a very good all around track. Hope someone has tried one on a pro to compare.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I had the 3" at the beginning of the season and hated it. Off she went and I replaced it with a Camoplast Challenger extreme 162 x 2.5", 9175, and could not be happier! Hands down, my most favorite track I have ever run. I highly recommend it for the Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Chaincase cutting required on only the 11&12 pro's. Belt drive requires no mods other than anti stab (slight rail cutting required). I just upgraded from a 2.25 PC to a 2.6pc on my '11 pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Chaincase cutting required on only the 11&12 pro's. Belt drive requires no mods other than anti stab (slight rail cutting required). I just upgraded from a 2.25 PC to a 2.6pc on my '11 pro.

So you have to shorten the rails to clear the extrovert drivers?
Has someone made a template?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I haven't had a chance to try it, blew the motor 3km down the trail on my test run. I rode a '14 pro and my 2.25pc worked better than the stock pro track so I assume the 2.6 will be even better. I did ride a cat with the 2.6 and it worked well, trenches a little on takeoff but really digs once moving.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I had a couple CE, 2.5 , 163 and 174 on a couple different sleds, bought a Prolite with the 2.6 PC and I like it more all around. No way I'd replace a 2.6 with a CE m either 3 inch or 2.5 . JMO.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Did you have the X3 or the other Extreme 3" ?

Did you run the Polaris factory spec. tension on the track?

All 3 were the original style, right out to he edges. The second one I had a choice of either the original CE or the newer style with the lugs not out to the sides but buddies have that one on sleds and I still think the original one works better all around. Tautness, not sure what factory spec is but have always just tightened by feel or putting some weight on the track with machine off ground. Warning, a technician I'm not, I like riding them , not working on them . Lol.

Premium Features