• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 X or Freeride

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
Has anyone gotten the chance to ride both the X and the Freeride?
I am trying to decide which one to get..
I have a 2011 X Etec right now and love it.. I would like the extra support the freeride offers but not sure if it will lose its lightness feeling...
anyone have thoughts?? pretend they are the same price.. if price is a deciding factor to u.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
One thing about it, if you buy the 146 or longer Freeride, you can purchase the tMotion torque arms later (Ski Doo accessory for 013) and there you go. The best of both worlds.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
interesting point... I like that.. any idea on the price of that part?

does the 2013 x have stiffer rails?? I bent mine last year.

P
Feb 1, 2010
SW MT
Depends

I would only get the Freeride if you want and need the chassis. The shocks suck. If you want good suspension, get the lowest priced summit you can and buy some nice shocks.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
its in the 2013 catalog 320 for the part. Freeride isn't going to handle at all like the the xm, freeride is 42 wide and the xm is 36 the new xm has the same outer edge on the running boards as the freeride and they are way stoughter than the old xp. I'd buy an sp and get fox shocks and get the grip and rip braces thats what i'm doing. depends on your riding style though. if you want to handle really good in the steep trees go with the xm.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
at the bottom left of the home screen in small writing there is a icon says brochures download then you will see it the east and west side brochures and the 13 acc. catalog. you have to download it and then can view it or the easiest way is go to your dealer they should all have the paper catalogs now. I got one about 3 weeks ago.

I
Mar 31, 2012
Just traded in the FR for an Xm.The Fr did everything well but could not find that mystery sweet spot when it came to sidehilling.Kind of like a bull ride never new when it was going to try and throw you.Everywhere else the machine was spot on.Was thinking of trying the fixes tmotion,scissor relocate,spindles seemed cheaper to upgrade.My .02

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have a 2012 Freeride and love it. That big wide tank of a sled should be horrible in the mountains and trees but it just works. In deeper snow it is so fun to ride. Turns and carves and sidehills with ease. When it get's all tracked up you can just smash through the ruts. Whooped out trails are actually fun to ride. I rode that thing super hard and it never missed a beat. I snowchecked an XM though, that is probably the best sled for me for next year. I have a 7" riser, HD better boards, full SLP y-pipe, pipe and can, e start with light weight battery and Rooster Built clutching. 650 miles. 2 year warranty with 18 months left. PM me if interested.

T
Dec 14, 2011
Bozeman, MT
My little brother has 154 freeride and its a blast to ride when the snow isnt as deep and jumping but im still stuck to my 163 X both 2012 and they both have really good days on each depending on the snow conditions

Premium Features