• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anti stab kit, is it necessary

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have a 2008 turbo nytro mtx, I have just installed a timbersled rear suspension and a challenger extreme track. Here is my question, Is an anti stab kit necessary. I dont run my track super loose, I try to keep it to factory specs. I hate ratcheting, I would rather run the track tight than super loose.

Does anyone have a pic of the slp anti stab kit installed on a nytro. I am wondering how and where to install it if I have to run one. thanks

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
What rails do you have? I have the same track/susp as you, with Ice Age Rails, and I believe my anti-stab is from SLP (not positive...it was on it when I bought it)...but make sure you get the 4 wheel kit with the solid cross shaft, not the single wheels that bolt to each side.

Installed in the very front of the rails about 1" back from the end...the wheels overhang the front of the rails by about 1".

Sorry no pics...hope this helps.

modsledr

Edit: Just looked at the SLP kit online and that is what I have...with 2 limiter straps. Mine still has the limiter strap shaft as well, so the anti-stab shaft is not used for my L/S.

Last edited:
R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have the stock rails, it looks like I may have to drill some big holes in the black plastic things that go over the tips of the rails.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Pretty sure with stock rails you remove the plastic ends, cut the rails back to the edge of the slots, and then drill holes. You only end up removing about 1" of rail.

The SLP ad says some rail modification may be necessary...

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
TTT
I know lots of 3 pitch sleds that don't run anti stab kits. What makes your sled prone to sticking one? Suspension set ups, anti ratchet's, or just too loose? I've seen some pics and they just about scare me into buying one.

R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
PICT0516.jpg

Premium Features