• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bolt Stuck

A
Feb 23, 2014
Michigan
On my 98 vmax 600, i am replacing the right trailing arm and I have got almost all the bolts off except two, they will turn and everything but they wont come out, ive tried banging them out with a hammer and everything, no luck. does any body got any ideas for me to try? thanks!

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Not sure which ones you are talking about but maybe some heat.? Heat them up with a torch, turn the nuts on part way and bang them out. Must be corroded/rusted to center bushings. Maybe some penetrating oil?

A
Feb 23, 2014
Michigan
Not sure which ones you are talking about but maybe some heat.? Heat them up with a torch, turn the nuts on part way and bang them out. Must be corroded/rusted to center bushings. Maybe some penetrating oil?

thank you! It is the bolts on the shock and on the top sway bar(I think that is what it is called, sorry i'm new kinda new to snowmobiles) I figured it was a bushing that is rusted onto the bolt so I put a ton of liquid wrench on it and im letting it sit over night.

Premium Features