• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hardwood Flooring.

M
Dec 23, 2007
Washington
Okay just had hardwood flooring installed in our house. looks nice. :D how many of you guys out there have hardwood flooring? what do you think about it? People have been telling us that it is slippery but doesnt seem that slippery.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
Okay just had hardwood flooring installed in our house. looks nice. :D how many of you guys out there have hardwood flooring? what do you think about it? People have been telling us that it is slippery but doesnt seem that slippery.

I have hardwood flooring for my whole downstairs except for the formal living room. I like it because it cleans up easily and always looks good. It is a definite plus with two dogs.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I think some pics will be necessary to determine exactly what type of hardwood floors are being discussed here. :)

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Is it REAL WOOD as in 3/4 T&G with an edge profile is so what species of wood ? Or is it simulated flooring made to look like real wood, if so what brand ?

For instance in my home i have 3"4"5" 3/4" #2 Solid Hickory. :)

OT

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
Is it REAL WOOD as in 3/4 T&G with an edge profile is so what species of wood ? Or is it simulated flooring made to look like real wood, if so what brand ?

For instance in my home i have 3"4"5" 3/4" #2 Solid Hickory. :)

OT

Mine is engineered hardwood flooring by Bruce. It is only 5/16" thick and prefinished. I had hardwood flooring in my old house (80 years + old) and the biggest difference is this doesn't creak. It isn't "real" hardwood but still does the job and looks nice.

S
Oct 11, 2002
I have real hardwood in two bedrooms and under the carpet in my dinning room. Some time I will have to peel up the carpet and refinish the wood. I also have engineered hardwood in one new bedroom. The engineered doesn't seem to wear as well as the old real wood though. I like carpet in the family room though.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
i have hardwood ( shaw tongue and groove 5/8) in living room hallways, tile in guest bath, utility, and left carpet in bedrooms, stick with the realwood in my opinion, seen too many wrecks with the laminate

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i have 2000sq ft hard wood upstairs carpet in beds and tile in baths and laundry.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002

I don't like dust bunnies so I don't like hard floors except in the bathroom. JMO

Premium Features