• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK TURBO

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
You really cant compare the two!! Yes huge difference, and since I ride at 10,000 ft the bigger injector is the only way to go...

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
You really cant compare the two!! Yes huge difference, and since I ride at 10,000 ft the bigger injector is the only way to go...

Great stuff... With addition what fuel are you now running? Oh and does MTNTK supply new MAP when u add large inj. ?

Thanks..

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
running 50/50 mix and yes he wrote a new map which is a big improvement over the map i had for pump gas.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Ran 50% 110 race fuel and 50% 91 non ethanol. I will be using av gas in the future just need to to go down and fill up my gas drum next week

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Turbo

Rode with Chazz yesterday with larger injectors on updated MTNTK kit and it is much improved and ran really good. We were pulling some sick lines through tight trees and it never hiccuped.

D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
Really I do not agree ! 2-17-14 10365ft throttle response excellent 4000 rpms engagement wicks right to 8100Rpm and holds it ! On pump gas or turn it up ( boost ) to yes 12pds of boost ! Just installed $200. Update you'll like it if you have one ! Really !

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I think 5/6 pds of boost 91oct no bells and whistles is fair! $5000. Plug in self install is a good deal , it took me about Six full hours to install . This weekend I rode at 10,350 alt 95 gram tipped weight polaris yellow/blk team spring secondary orange 165/310 team primary ( ditched factory air box ) made BD type cage with k&n prefilters !no bog sweet ran great , used blow hole , Keith Curtis regearing 2:41 kit $5800.total ! Happy ! Big boost turbo I rode with 12pds boost $10000. He was happy ! He got a smoking deal on Race gas ! Only $7.82 a gal and I got mine 91 oct at the 7/11 $3.56 I was happy , we rode all day together ! Bench Raced all the way Home it was Fun !

95 grams at 10k????? That thing must make 350hp on pump gas :face-icon-small-sho

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
95 grams at 10k????? That thing must make 350hp on pump gas :face-icon-small-sho

He definitely can't be running 95 grams!!! I run 70 grams at 10,000 ft with my MTNTK AND HITS 8150 rpm every time... Very happy with the kit now since MTNTK installed bigger injectors in my sled I'm running 10 lbs boost with no bog Shawn has the bully dog dialed in :face-icon-small-sho

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
He definitely can't be running 95 grams!!! I run 70 grams at 10,000 ft with my MTNTK AND HITS 8150 rpm every time... Very happy with the kit now since MTNTK installed bigger injectors in my sled I'm running 10 lbs boost with no bog Shawn has the bully dog dialed in :face-icon-small-sho

Are you running Polaris weights? 10-70s?

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Is there any of these in Colorado?

Yes Corey I know that some kits were sold to a few guys over there just not sure how many and to whom, you would have to give Shawn a call to find out. I can come over and ride with you at the ears before season is out if you would like unless your coming over here again? Hope you guys get your issues revolved on your kits. When the season started mine wasn't running that great when I went up to 10,000 ft but Shawn got right on it installed the bigger injectors and wrote a map for that elevation and it's been solid... Not sure if he can help you out or if he even has time but I do know that I'm on my third bully dog map that he has writen and with each map the sled runs better.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Opinion

Just got my sled put together.

13 pro 162 x 3" and a lot of other stuff....Including the MTNTK turbo.

The install was great and the fit an finish was Nothing short of perfect.

I ran the sled for 2 days along side a pro with a HM kit....same track and clutches

The sled ran OK. It was boggy on the bottom and hiccupped sometimes at WOT going up the hill. I was running 6 PSI of boost. It was VERY sluggish on the bottom, that is my biggest complaint.

The HM ran AWESOME. no hiccups, snappy bottom end. Very good throttle response. Running 6 PSI as well. The top end on both sleds was comparable when they were cold. After 10 seconds of WOT up the hill the MTNTK falls on its face...The power is gone. It became heat soaked very quick.

They are both quality products with there downfalls each. IMO any Turbo needs a water to air intercooler no matter what the boost is. And my ride this weekend proved it.

I like both kits and you get what you pay for. The vipec IMO has a lot to do with the bottom end response over the Bullydog.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
I'm pretty sure this is the MTNTK thread!!! I have over 400 trouble free miles with my MTNTK turbo running 10 lbs boost that Shawn wrote the map on bully dog fuel controller... As far as I know all his kits with big injectors are running the same map and all run consistent. Could the sled run better with vipec? Maybe if you want to spend the money and do some of your own data logging and your own tuning there is nothing wrong with that. But Shawn is more than capable to trouble shoot issues with all the sleds that customers have installed the MTNTK turbo on if there are any? And he is more than capable to write a fuel map the the bully dog!!!

D
Nov 14, 2013
I'm pretty sure this is the MTNTK thread!!! I have over 400 trouble free miles with my MTNTK turbo running 10 lbs boost that Shawn wrote the map on bully dog fuel controller... As far as I know all his kits with big injectors are running the same map and all run consistent. Could the sled run better with vipec? Maybe if you want to spend the money and do some of your own data logging and your own tuning there is nothing wrong with that. But Shawn is more than capable to trouble shoot issues with all the sleds that customers have installed the MTNTK turbo on if there are any? And he is more than capable to write a fuel map the the bully dog!!!

Sorry Chaz, glad to hear the sled is running good.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

Are you happy with the power at 10 lbs? Is it what you expected? Don't take it the wrong way but from your vid it really doesn't look like it's a ball of fire, but I know videos can be deceiving

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Sorry Chaz, glad to hear the sled is running good.

No worries Danny I feel that you gave great explanation on the vipec. I think that it is a great option for its capabilities, if that is a direction somebody wants to go.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Are you happy with the power at 10 lbs? Is it what you expected? Don't take it the wrong way but from your vid it really doesn't look like it's a ball of fire, but I know videos can be deceiving

Yes very happy with this kit and it's power at 10 lbs. the season is not over so I can't give full report on what I expected and what was promised but at this point I'm still smiling!!! If you are going to Cooke again I might be able to come over and we can compare or we have good snow here if anybody wants to come ride and have comaraderie with this sport we all love and pay so dam much money to be in.

Premium Features