• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why I upgraded from Aerocharger to Garret.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Actually, some of the great technology veins have fallen off. Imagine that.
I do save money however. I don't have to buy a GPS. I just follow the chunks of Aerocharger shrapnel to find my way home.
If you don't think Aerocharger is great, just ask Aerocharger. They will tell you.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
this thread makes me laugh....

its a turbo 2 stroke sled, you grenaded the motor and the turbo blew up, ive smoked garretts doing the same thing @ 100k rpm, throw a peice of ring or piston skirt and its gonna wreck ****. welcome to the real world.

do you go back and freak out at the taco bell drive thru attendant every time your *** blows up after a meal there?

life-is-hard.jpg

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
this thread makes me laugh....

its a turbo 2 stroke sled, you grenaded the motor and the turbo blew up, ive smoked garretts doing the same thing @ 100k rpm, throw a peice of ring or piston skirt and its gonna wreck ****. welcome to the real world.

do you go back and freak out at the taco bell drive thru attendant every time your *** blows up after a meal there?

life-is-hard.jpg

Aren't you a Silber junk dealer

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Dear Aero leghumpers,
The post is about why i switched from Aero to Garret.
I said nothing about how Brad from Aero talked extremely condescending to me.
I did not talk about his overinflated ego.
I did not talk about how he said brake dust and belt dust will go out the very vents that prevent snow from coming in, therefore a underhood intake is fine.
I did not say how he said aeros new fresh air intake has nothing to do with hot dirty air.
I did not say how he said a boost-it box was "dumb" despite the fact that he tried to buy boost- it controllers but his business was refused the sales.
I did not say the guy is extremely unprofessional.
I did not say how aero still recommends dobeck. That's dumb.
I did not say that when I asked if he has fixed the 6000 rpm bog, he told me that it was "Proprietary." read-not fixed.
I did not say how its obvious that these guys are not riders themselves, nor do they have any mentionable mountain experience.
Aero is welcome to start a thread of their own or argue the points I made in the original post. But to purposely direct the thread off topic and people fell for it is hilarious. Google aerocharger and you will see this same crap happening over and over again. I think those with opinions should get an aero for themselves.
I don't care if they don't cover a dime. I'm over it and on to a different kit.
I asked for some help and I got attitude and the aero finger pointing.
I really don't care. Im not the laughing stock of turbo companies nor am I delusional about my abilities or product.
I might be the laughing stock of snowest tho. It makes for a good laugh!

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
It is true this post was started as a explanation why you switched to garrett, but you are throwing so much misleading information into it in a attempt to discredit a turbo manufacturer

John+Wayne.jpg

Last edited:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
How about you enlighten me to this "misinformation" in the original post?
I posted my opinion and my experience. They are the reasons I switched. I didn't see anyone arguing or proving my opinion wrong.
A cool thing is, I don't have to discredit aero, they do it to themselves.
As I said, google aerocharger and you will see the same attitude, same finger pointing everywhere but at themselves.
As for me, im over it, i don't care. I have zero to do with them and never will. As will thousands of others. I'll just sit back and watch as they self implode. Kinda like the reality tv characters.
I get equal entertainment value from both.

As an aside, I do agree with Wheel house. Aero is a clean install.

Last edited:
T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I was in BD's shop the other day and I think I saw your sled in there. I don't know much about aero, but I do know you will like your new setup!

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hi Shadow,
It wasn't my sled at bd. I do my own wrenching but thanks for the encouragement!

Premium Features