• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Unlock code for AC/Delco radio???

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
So I bought a cheap car for the kid to drive around, 97 Monte Carlo, and the previous owner just put in a new battery and now the radio is locked. According to the manual there is a code we need to enter that we "wrote down", but being the 4th or 5th owner that code is long gone. Any tricks to unlocking those without paying the stealer a $75.00 fee.????

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
It's a rip off

But that's what you need to do is go to the dealer and watch them for ten minutes and pay the 75 bucks. I work at a ford dealer and the used cars that came in that customers have taken their radios out have to have that done to them

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
googled it, and found these instructions:

Answer
** Theftlock Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed.

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM/FM button, write down the next 3 numbers.

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 620529, press the # button and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM/FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio.

To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

EDIT: Updated with new dealer code. FWIW, the old code was 202107

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
for about $100 you can get a new stereo.... just a thought....

A
Jan 4, 2008
Powell Wy
way easier just to get a new deck just get a wiring harness with it to so you dont cut the factory harness much easier and it will take you like 20 min top and sound way better than a stock radio

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
call around to different dealers, one of them will help you out with the code. i always laugh when i see a stock stereo with theft lock. who's out there stealing stock radios??? when you get the code write it down on a sticker in the glove box. thats what i do for my customers...

Premium Features