• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rex XP- Rev XM Comparison Pic

xp_xm.jpg

xp_xm5.jpg

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Great job. Not much difference. The position of the steering......interesting.
The main reason that people think the xp platform doesn't work is the steering??? (biggest diference )
I should put the C3 post forward on mine.........oops, I did!

Last edited:
J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Heres an idea, throw a picture of the proclimb up and see how much the new XM and proclimb look alike!!! Wow, no wonder they sued Cat!!!

Joe

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I think im liking the rail approach.

I cant for the life of me figure what Doo was thinking with the 2011 angle,We just replaced rails on a 2011 with Tom,s rails, They fix the upward pointed tips and 3 inches of the stock rail tip had never had any track contact,

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Tip that bar riser back on BOTH Doo's and they'll be right about the same as the Poo....where they should be. I can't believe they have the bars all jacked forward like that for a photo shoot...LOL. :face-icon-small-dis

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I cant for the life of me figure what Doo was thinking with the 2011 angle,We just replaced rails on a 2011 with Tom,s rails, They fix the upward pointed tips and 3 inches of the stock rail tip had never had any track contact,

Yep...'10, 11 and 12 are like that. It was done because the '08-'09 were so difficult for people to pull over and steer on the trail so this was part of the answer...of course it made the deep snow-ability worse but who rides a mountain sled in deep snow?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Me too, that picture might have just convinced me to buy a 13. Wasn't sure until now and will still have to demo one but I like the geometry. I was thinking I would just get a hold over 12.

That is one of the biggest reason the Pro does so well in the fluff, it's ability to get on top of the snow....and the softer track too but it sucks in the spring snow. This looks like a good "balance".
That's my biggest issue with my '12.

T
Dec 25, 2007
I think that a lot of weight is still a bit far forward on this chassis. Maybe just me, but I like it a bit more neutral. I also think that is part of the poo success on getting up on top of the snow is the highly centralized mass. According to these images a person would assume that the engine itself is several inches back on the poo vs doo...am I right on this?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
The comparison between the Pro and new Doo make everything line up pretty close. Would make for a tough decision. Seems wierd to be happy that I am not considering a new sled. Not sure if the new skid will work, and would really like to see Polaris have a better motor. Polaris and Doo have some nice sleds to pick from. I think the belt drive on the Pro would get me to buy it though. Just wish Cat would come up w/ something decent-just kidding. Does any one have a Rev pic they could line up also?

Premium Features