• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lodging in Dubois

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Not sure if they are open this year? Crooked Creek is down the road from them and is a very good place to rent sleds and stay.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
That's a good question. I have seen the place plowed out the past couple years but never anyone around when we have been out there.

I heard that it was privately owned now but that was just what we heard and did not verify it.

We have stayed at Crooked Creek just down the road and always had great service.

MNSledShed

Premium Member
Nov 19, 2010
Southern Minnesota
That's a good question. I have seen the place plowed out the past couple years but never anyone around when we have been out there.

I heard that it was privately owned now but that was just what we heard and did not verify it.

We have stayed at Crooked Creek just down the road and always had great service.

NorthMNSledder, my group has stayed at Togwotee the past 8 years and we are thinking about staying at Crooked Creek. How far do you have to ride to get to decent hills and boondocking?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
NorthMNSledder, my group has stayed at Togwotee the past 8 years and we are thinking about staying at Crooked Creek. How far do you have to ride to get to decent hills and boondocking?

I think it really depends on the snow levels. Some years we have found great snow within just a few miles of the trail head just outside the lodge. And some years we rode maybe 20/30 miles of trail to get to other areas we thought were better. But when you are there talk to the guys in the office and they can let you know where the snow might be the best around the area. Also Nick is one of their guides and I'm pretty sure he can always sniff out the snow!! LOL

phazed

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2009
We were told that the line shack was bought and turned into a camp

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Correct, the Line Shack is no more.

That's good news. Went to one on the lodges on union pass almost every year from 87 to 05. The last time we were treated so badly at the line shack I said I would never go back. If they are done I would love to go back to crooked creek.

Is the sawmill still open?

rpmboy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
Mn
nope they have been closed for a few years now,privately owned,i think the owners use it in the summer only

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
The Line Shack will have the shop, gas, rentals, and the bar open this year. I spoke with the owner last week. I don't believe they will have lodging this year though. Still under the same ownership. Call 307-455-3232 or 307-455-3244.

M
The Line Shack will have the shop, gas, rentals, and the bar open this year. I spoke with the owner last week. I don't believe they will have lodging this year though. Still under the same ownership. Call 307-455-3232 or 307-455-3244.

Correct. I talked to a family member of the owner and he said they will be open for liquor and beer and maybe a frozen pizza. No lodging I know of. Crooked creek is all that's left on union. At least crooked has gas and food.

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
If you are heading that way I would call Crooked creek to see what they have open and when. We stopped for lunch and they didn't open until 3pm, we got gas and left. A friend of my stopped for gas and only the bar was open, no gas.

Crooked Creek - 307-455-2815

Premium Features