• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Interactive Digital Display

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Looking for information on the new Polaris Interactive Digital Display and the GPS portion of it.
1. Does it display topo maps?
2. If so do you know to what scale?
3. Can you mark your track?
4. If so can your track be downloaded to a computer?
5. Can you enter a waypoint of where you are located?
6. Can you enter a waypoint other than where you are located?

Last edited:

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
i have it for my 15' RMK i would like to install it but i'm waiting on a part of the mounting kit thats been on backorder for like 3 months now. it was supposed to be shipped today and i call dealer on it...and now they pushed it to the 28th for delivery. This is starting to suck as we are about to get rideable snow next couple days.

so answer to original poster is, i wish i could tell you. :)

IDD + defroster kit + some other part was about $800-$900 roughly.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
The gauge came on the 2015 60th Anneversary Rush Pro S and Pro X if I rember correctly.

Can be purchased as an accessory for any other pro ride chassis ($700). The Rmk requires the standard or low defroster bag ($125). I assume the gauge is too deep to fit the standard opening. When I looked at it it didn't really look much thicker to me. It also needs a wiring adapter kit($100).

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
The gauge came on the 2015 60th Anneversary Rush Pro S and Pro X if I rember correctly.

Can be purchased as an accessory for any other pro ride chassis ($700). The Rmk requires the standard or low defroster bag ($125). I assume the gauge is too deep to fit the standard opening. When I looked at it it didn't really look much thicker to me. It also needs a wiring adapter kit($100).

correct. the defroster bag/mount is actually quite taller than i thought. it sits above my low windshield and contacts the stock hand guards when you turn (took them off anyways). I believe i'm waiting on the wiring adapter kit that is on back order.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
This is not true! Polaris is telling everyone that to push product.
It won't fit in the Pro hood, but will work perfectly with a $40 gauge lifter.

the defrost bag is a gauge lifter technically. yes.

so you can do it with 3rd party lifter or buy polaris defrost.

and i just went out and looked at mine (still in the box) and what i'm missing is the gasket for the gauge lifter that goes around the IDD. believe that is the part on back order.

429dhm

Sep 29, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I transfered the gauge from my PRO-X to my RMK with a gauge lifter. Although the fits in the gauge lifter the cable switched locations from the axys to the pro. Left side of the gauge on one and right side of the gauge on the other. Also you require a new wiring adapter to make it work. It plugs in but doesn't turn on.

S
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I've got the gauge on my 15 AXYS.

Looking for information on the new Polaris Interactive Digital Display and the GPS portion of it.
1. Does it display topo maps?
At theh moment only maps downloaded from the riderX website are available. I am actually surprised at hoe detailed they are. No Topo.

2. If so do you know to what scale?
You can zoom in or out, several scales

3. Can you mark your track?
It auto records tracks as you go. you can clear and save anytime

4. If so can your track be downloaded to a computer?
Yes

5. Can you enter a waypoint of where you are located?
yes

6. Can you enter a waypoint other than where you are located?
yes

Its a better unit than I expected. Only complaint is that it only displays North up when navigating. (no course up )

Buchholz56

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2013
Dayton, MN
I have it on my 15 rmk and have been very impressed thus far. It's always running in the background regardless of wether it's on the map screen, displays a black solid line which represents the path you've taken. Last weekend we were deep into the backcountry and instead of back tracking like I would have done in the past I simply zoomed out on the map and found the point where we originally left the trail and headed in that direction cutting about 10 miles off our loop. I have a call into polaris about allowing the display to show vehicle travel direction instead of north, it is annoying moving forward but the display is going backwards because you're heading south. All in all its exceeded my expectations

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
So for only $8-900 I can add a gps to my sled?
Why does this not seem like a good deal?
Does it even work with pull start sleds? Gotta add a battery or only use it with the sled running?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Doesn't fire up until the sled is running.

Anybody hav pic with it in a gauge lifter?
So this does show topo maps or contour lines?

I believe that they do show topo if you zoom in close enough.
I can't verify that myself though.
They are very interactive and really cool. I hope they show breadcrumbs so that you can track your route like in the vehicle nav systems.

Last edited:
Premium Features