• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Levi LaVallee riding a Carls Supercharger @ X Games

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It was my buddies maiden voyage. It is nothing short of incredible but when I came back with it I told him it sucks. It doesn't get any better than that for playing in the trees. The only drawbacks with them are they are fairly noisy and he put his on a used sled so before it was over it was 10 grand. He had some belt drive and motor woos. Some warranty and some not. You also get stuck with 500 in tax. It adds up quickly. Those are drawbacks. The good part is you will never ride a sled with better throttle response. If we ever get any deep snow I am going to steal my wife's T3 174 and see if he can hang. That will decide what I do next year.
One other thing is I think that they will be hard on fuel.

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
What was the deal on the "strong polaris motors" in heath frisbys and joe parsons is riding a polaris now too? The alot more power than their doos was a handful. Sure shot frisby to gold in long jump thoe.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I don't know if it was anything more than getting the tuning right. Some teams will come up and tune a couple weeks in advance, while others just show a day early. The AMSOil team called me a couple years ago to find comparable testing areas with the same elevation as Aspen. I don't know if all the guys get factory race motors, but man do those things rip over the standard race models.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Polaris is just scooping up pro riders like crazy. Their sponsored rider list is huge. Good, more pros, more development feedback, more back country clinics more tuning and fixes come from it. This 2016 polaris is going to be crazy if its a huge refinement over the pro in the chassis department.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
It was my buddies maiden voyage. It is nothing short of incredible but when I came back with it I told him it sucks. It doesn't get any better than that for playing in the trees. The only drawbacks with them are they are fairly noisy and he put his on a used sled so before it was over it was 10 grand. He had some belt drive and motor woos. Some warranty and some not. You also get stuck with 500 in tax. It adds up quickly. Those are drawbacks. The good part is you will never ride a sled with better throttle response. If we ever get any deep snow I am going to steal my wife's T3 174 and see if he can hang. That will decide what I do next year.
One other thing is I think that they will be hard on fuel.

What kinda noise is it? The one video I saw it sounded like a huge air pump.

Premium Features