• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Light weight crank ?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Light weight crank And Big Bore kit finished

Just about to finish my Axsys crank and big bore build on my 11 pro! I have the boon docke box and my AEM 02 GUAGE mounted just waiting on the new fuel filter and I can fire it up! Any one else got one running, wondering on base line clutching?

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Just about to finish my Axsys crank and big bore build on my 11 pro! I have the boon docke box and my AEM 02 GUAGE mounted just waiting on the new fuel filter and I can fire it up! Any one else got one running, wondering on base line clutching?

Did the pork chop crank bolt right into the 11 pro cases?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Yep!call Hanson Racing he can fill you in on the changes

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Ok got her running,,,,been tunning and its pulling 74G! At 8300,,, my New 800 Axsys in the same field same hr pulls 66g at 8250! This is at 800 ft elevation ,,,The RMK is faster everywhere, throttle response is as good or better than the Axsys ,,,I know the RMK is geared 2.2 and the Axsys is 1.86,but not even in the same league,my boondocker box is running some good numbers so I think it may be decent on fuel too! I was going to get a new RMK for 16 but the way this motor is running I think Ill wait a year and see now !!!sleds in Wyoming in a week or so,then will finish the high altitude tunning,,, last season this sled pulled 60g at altitude so I'm guessing 66-68 at altitude we will see,My turbo pulled 72's at 8400 at 10psi so I'm supper stoked on this new engine from Hanson Racing!PS I heard they have a BB running well on a new AXSYS too! Had a few issues along the way ALL caused by me and they answer their Phone even on Sunday's and have been right there beside me the whole way!great guys!

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Lake Superior makes its own,, but the sled will stay in the snowies the rest of the season!

Last edited:

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Ok got her running,,,,been tunning and its pulling 74G! At 8300,,, my New 800 Axsys in the same field same hr pulls 66g at 8250! This is at 800 ft elevation ,,,The RMK is faster everywhere, throttle response is as good or better than the Axsys ,,,I know the RMK is geared 2.2 and the Axsys is 1.86,but not even in the same league,my boondocker box is running some good numbers so I think it may be decent on fuel too! I was going to get a new RMK for 16 but the way this motor is running I think Ill wait a year and see now !!!sleds in Wyoming in a week or so,then will finish the high altitude tunning,,, last season this sled pulled 60g at altitude so I'm guessing 66-68 at altitude we will see,My turbo pulled 72's at 8400 at 10psi so I'm supper stoked on this new engine from Hanson Racing!PS I heard they have a BB running well on a new AXSYS too! Had a few issues along the way ALL caused by me and they answer their Phone even on Sunday's and have been right there beside me the whole way!great guys!

What brand of weight are you running , what primary spring and what is the secondary set up with, always interested in what guys are running , what cc is there big bore ?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Running 10-74's with an old polaris Blue/white, on my Remac tester it measures 130/295, using a TIED will have to check what's in it ,,haven't changed the secondary parts in 3 years since it worked?I would spend mor time on it as it's still over revving, but since it heads to the mountains in a few weeks, I'll finish it up out there, was more interested in getting the fueling close befor it gets to elevation

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Polaris spring130-295 and 10-74's still over reving by 150 rpm trying a spring with a final of 280 next,, Gold?
Tied Secondary has a red black and 71-55-46 Er
Hansen racing BB he has several different 860 kits ,my kit is 13:1 cr,
I am running pump gas using a boondocker controller
Running stock pipe and sp can

Call Eric on the particulars of the BB kit,,,,, I do know there are large welded patches on the back Side of the cylinders behind the transfer ports, so he must have went in from outside to do something, that and the Axsys crank and spacer plate, I'm sure I have good crankcase volume now!Unless Polaris makes the new RMK less that 400ibs I see no reason to buy new when the BB runs so much harder than MY new AXSYS, as I said not even in the same game!new 800 HO has nothing for this engine,, now a BB HO that's something to think about

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Yep but binds in the spider! Polaris gold may work its 100-280 engagement may be a little low but will see?

Last edited:
N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
That Hansen Racing sounds interesting for sure.. Do you have any experience with other bb`s for comparison? Sry for the OT, just had to ask :)

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I have had lots of BB kits on cats Polaris and ski doo ...then I found Turbos!!!! Now I'm back to BB again full circle , will try a SuperCharger as soon as the price of the kit gets lower than the price of my whole sled

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
Ok, i was thinking more like, bmp or rktek vs hansen racing in the pro :) Yea those supercharger kits is expensive...

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
No this was my first polaris Bb was doing turbos till now! Love the boost and as soon as this dialed in would love to try some ones supercharger

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
That supercharger is the bomb but they are really misleading on the price. Tax, kit, and some miscellaneous because my buddies sled was a 13 and it was over 10 grand.

Premium Features